autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about process of work

Hi Ag, hope everybody here is loving...cough hating the winter with all the road salt and grime. Anyway, a classmate of mine from elementary school got a new jeep cherokee. He asked about getting it fixed up before and he and I did not have times that worked out. I then offered to do it again, but a bit more work-rims and tires,wash-clay and wax/trim protectant for 75 dollars which he agreed to.
    However, since im doing alot less work than other details, how should I go about my supplies, should I just take everything out and use only what I need, Or should I just take out only what I need, I am always feeling a bit overwhelmed as I have so much in front of me at once. I dont want to look like I dont know what I am doing or I have nothing else other than a few microfibers and wax, etc
    Last edited by Bill1234; 01-24-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added more ideas
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about process of work

Are you mobile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Are you mobile?
    no, I am at home, its just that my last detail, I had a mess all over the place as I ran out of clay and had to buy some, I also had just bins of stuff all over my driveway. It was good to have all of my stuff out to work with, but some of it I did not even need to use
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

After agreeing upon a service with my customer, I usually clean up shop the night before drop off and lay out my predetermined machines, products, pads, towels, etc. Clients really appreciate a clean shop and the fact that you have properly prepared for their arrival! :-)

What all are you planning on doing to a full size SUV for $75??? You won't be making much if you spend more than 1-1.5 hrs and with product usage as well.

Post Thanks / Like

After agreeing upon a service with my customer, I usually clean up shop the night before drop off and lay out my predetermined machines, products, pads, towels, etc. Clients really appreciate a clean shop and the fact that you have properly prepared for their arrival! :-)
    I am doing this on my driveway, Similar to what I have done before, my point is that I dont know if it would be nicer looking to have all my stuff out at once or just some of the things that I would be using
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I am doing this on my driveway, Similar to what I have done before, my point is that I dont know if it would be nicer looking to have all my stuff out at once or just some of the things that I would be using
    At $75, I would forget about what looks nice and set up for efficiency! You bottom line will be better this way. Just set up only what you need for the job your doing.

Post Thanks / Like

At $75, I would forget about what looks nice and set up for efficiency! You bottom line will be better this way. Just set up only what you need for the job your doing.
    True, I think I will put out a bit more of my supplies than I need, However, the 75 dollars I felt was enough to cover my necessities, be in line with my friend's budget, and I get a good amount
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

You should really consider looking into the Nanoskin products. I very rarely use clay anymore, and it is usually much quicker since you don't need to stop to refresh the clay all the time.

But yes there is no point in getting all your supplies out when you only need a few of them. I only get out what I know I am going to use when working on cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally try to keep the area as clean as possible. I used to take all of my products out and line them up on the ground next to the machine(s) I would be using, but I always hated the clean-up in the end. Now, I simply grab whatever product I need from my organized product shelves and put it back in its place as I move to the next step. I also have a big plastic tub that I throw used towels and buffer pads into then separate later for wash. This process usually leaves me with just having to pick up tape used for covering trim and maybe a machine to put up after the detail.
    2001 JB BMW 530I
    http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
    Instagram: @thelastdetailnv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 530inv View Post
    I personally try to keep the area as clean as possible. I used to take all of my products out and line them up on the ground next to the machine(s) I would be using, but I always hated the clean-up in the end. Now, I simply grab whatever product I need from my organized product shelves and put it back in its place as I move to the next step. I also have a big plastic tub that I throw used towels and buffer pads into then separate later for wash. This process usually leaves me with just having to pick up tape used for covering trim and maybe a machine to put up after the detail.
    Thanks for the towel idea, I went through about 15 towels on my last detail
    Bill 1234

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast