autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QD to much?

Post Thanks / Like
    well maybe i will clean off the car and strip the layers of wax off...wouldn't really bother me as i would like to try the clearkote products i ordered or i can use the DG sealant and then top it with SSII...to me it really doesn't matter...

thanks for all of the info, but im still looking for a QD then...i liked the new Crystal Mist, maybe i should just order a big one since i have the bottle!

Post Thanks / Like
    im juat wondering but if its suppost to rain later this evening and then possible tomorrow should i hold off on stripping off the old wax and applying new wax? b/c it doesn't have enough time to cure or would it be ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    yea man, I feel ya on that one. I was going to do a full detail today. Wash, clay, light polish, seal and wax. But, I dont think it will be worth it... I am going to do it on friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your going to qd' daily or every couple of days I wouldn't use a normal qd'er like CM, or even DG Fast Clean and SHine etc. You want something more lubey. Like Poorboys Spray and Wipe, it's like between a rinsless wash and qd'er. QD'ers are good for touch ups and light clean ups like faint dust or fingerprints etc, anything else and you run the risk of marring.

Get Poorboys Spray and Wipe.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner1659
    im juat wondering but if its suppost to rain later this evening and then possible tomorrow should i hold off on stripping off the old wax and applying new wax? b/c it doesn't have enough time to cure or would it be ok?
    Definetly wouldn't use the DP sealant that you mentioned until you can let it cure 12 hours/no H2O. Rain would destroy your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok well i wont work on the car today then...maybe this weekend...i knew that the DP sealant needed 12 hrs to cure...

when i QD, i would think about doing it maybe after driving to and from work but if doing a simple 30 miles drive and then QD is a bad idea then maybe what i need to do is turn my attention to a rinseless wash and/or a foam gun...

i didn't realise this but i also have the DP 4-in-1...
    Last edited by KJW Detailing; 07-04-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A rinse-less wash W/ microfiber would be a better idea. DP 4-in-1 would work great...

Post Thanks / Like
    so i could use the DP 4-in-1 but what are its limits...like how do you know when to use it and when not to use this product...also, what is the difference from a QD and a rinseless wash?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    If your going to qd' daily or every couple of days I wouldn't use a normal qd'er like CM, or even DG Fast Clean and SHine etc. You want something more lubey. Like Poorboys Spray and Wipe, it's like between a rinsless wash and qd'er. QD'ers are good for touch ups and light clean ups like faint dust or fingerprints etc, anything else and you run the risk of marring.

Get Poorboys Spray and Wipe.

Surfer: hows this stack up as an everyday??? compared to spray n wipe

note:: Light dust is all that collects minimally on my ride.........

Poorboy’s Spray & Gloss: Spray & Gloss is a quick detailer with superior gloss enhancing properties. quick spray, poorboys gloss spray, poorboys spray

Post Thanks / Like
    You can mix S&W and S&G for the best of both worlds... but S&W and S&G alone are both great. Must haves

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.