autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Steamer question

So I've been researching Carpet Extractors, and Steamers lately. Come Tax Return i'm going to bump up my business and purchase one of these fine tools. I've already made up my mind on going with a Steamer. After reading some old threads and a lot of YouTube I decided to go with Dupray. For their quality and support reasons.

I figured since I already have a quality shop vac w/ (6.5 peak HP) I wouldn't really need the extractor. Plus the Steamers run hotter than the extractors which is nice. The versatility of the Steamer compared to a Extractor are far more beneficial in my opinion. Also have the Tornador hooked up to a 15Gal Compressor.

So I'm stuck on the thought of buying a Dupray Tosca 995$, or the Hill Injection 2299$. That's a 1,304$ difference for 49+Psi, Continuous Refill, 29°+ Hotter Steam, And Hot Water Injection. I'm just curious to how well the Hill Injection outperforms the Tosca in the detailer's eye. I'm not trying to be cheap by any means. I'm just trying to save some cash if the Tosca can do the same job just as good/easily. I know a couple things that 1,305$ could buy .

Hope I can gain some clarity from this. Still like the sound of the +49 Psi, and Hot Water Injection. But is it an essential worth an extra 1,305?

Ready, Go!
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steamer question

Decided to go with the Hill Injection. Thanks!
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! The only major benefit I think with those specs listed is the continuous refill, show us vids when you get it!

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't bought it yet .. Check out the vc4000c $1095 and is continuous
    Galatians 6:9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Post Thanks / Like

@Kirkatizer...can you share your experience with Dupray? as I am also interested to but this unit...appreciate

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Dupray Tosca and it's a beast with an awesome warranty and I haven't had a single problem with it.

It's PSI is plenty for interior detailing. Refilling usually takes 15-20 minutes and if you start with a full machine you can generally do an entire interior (steaming everything, including carpets and mats) in one fill up. I don't think it's worth twice the price to save 15-20 minutes once in a while, just find something else to do during that time if it does happen (it's rare for me). Just be smart about it, if you are going to use it for the exterior as well then just re-fill it after washing and by the time you're done drying and ready to use it on the interior you're good to go.

It drastically speeds up your details and you'll end up using less chemicals as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@IncrediblyDetailed View Post
    I have the Dupray Tosca and it's a beast with an awesome warranty and I haven't had a single problem with it.

It's PSI is plenty for interior detailing. Refilling usually takes 15-20 minutes and if you start with a full machine you can generally do an entire interior (steaming everything, including carpets and mats) in one fill up. I don't think it's worth twice the price to save 15-20 minutes once in a while, just find something else to do during that time if it does happen (it's rare for me). Just be smart about it, if you are going to use it for the exterior as well then just re-fill it after washing and by the time you're done drying and ready to use it on the interior you're good to go.

It drastically speeds up your details and you'll end up using less chemicals as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be in the market for a steamer soon also and I have been pretty sold on the Vapor Systems Vx5000. Any thoughts/experience with this one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got my VX5000 in today and have been messing with it. I really like it. I don't have any experience with other steamers but this one does seem a little wet, not horrible, even with the water feature turned off. I have read that turning up the PSI helps dry it out. Other than that it seems solid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Keep us updated!
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast