autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reload vs Traditional Sealant

On most of the cars that I "detail," the standard request is to perform a wash, de-contamination and paint sealant application.

I find that most paint sealants last between 2-4 months, with garaging and car wash frequency being the most important variables.

On a standard mid-size sedan, this job takes an average of 3 hours. Of the 3 hours, about 90 minutes of this is dedicated to the paint sealant application. This is because Blackfire Wet Diamond or Menzerna Power Lock take about 20 min to apply, 45 min to cure and 20 min to remove.

After some thought and research, I learned that CarPro Reload can last 2-3 months in many applications. It is a simple wipe-on/off application and even has some of the dirt-repelling characteristics of a paint coating. Based on my personal experience with the Hydr02 product, I expect Reload to be extremely slick and glossy (and the reviews confirm this).

Going forward, from an efficiency standpoint, I think this product makes a lot more sense. Easier application, less time and nearly as good results. I have a 1L bottle on order and will report back.

Manufacturer's site:
    CarPro Professional Car Coatings - CarPro Global - Reload

Reviews:
    CarPro RELOAD
    Review: CarPro Reload
    CarPro Reload and Perl Mini Review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload vs Traditional Sealant

It is surprising what can be achieved with modern ingredients. When we started into sealants, we jumped in with a simple formulation of high quality ingredients. A few year on and we hear stories of said product lasting well in excess of 6 months - considerably beyond our hopes.

Keep your eyes open over the coming years because there are some significant jumps which have not yet made it to your detailing brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Reload and Hydro2 are 2 of my favorite product especially on top of CQUK or OC.

If you want a straight sealant also consider BF Crystal Seal, WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Since they are WOWA sealants. 10-15min to apply and you done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Reload and Hydro2 are 2 of my favorite product especially on top of CQUK or OC.

If you want a straight sealant also consider BF Crystal Seal, WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Since they are WOWA sealants. 10-15min to apply and you done.

When I recommended ReLoad or Polymer NetShield to The Critic, he dismissed them stating they would not bond to OC. Well we know they do because we have tried them! He also thinks CQ just wears off. I guess those little quartz particles on my foam pad when I abraded CQ were a figment of my imagination!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post

On a standard mid-size sedan, this job takes an average of 3 hours. Of the 3 hours, about 90 minutes of this is dedicated to the paint sealant application. This is because Blackfire Wet Diamond or Menzerna Power Lock take about 20 min to apply, 45 min to cure and 20 min to remove.

Are you just standing around during the 45 minute cure time? I'm usually dressing tires and trim, cleaning glass, polishing exhaust, packing up products, etc. I have no trouble filling that time. For me, switching to a wowa sealant would gain me very little time during a detail; maybe 15 minutes.

If it was just a wash, clay and seal or wash and reseal, then it could be worth it.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Been using reload a lot lately love how well it repels water and sheets, have also noticed that a little of it goes far and if you use to much it Causes streaks, I used some yesterday after washing my truck sprayed onto wet paint and used as drying aide, leaves paint shiny and slick... Just ordered another big bottle of it ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Reload and Hydro2 are great alternatives to 'traditional' sealants.

Both are extremely slick and bead/sheet very well.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    When I recommended ReLoad or Polymer NetShield to The Critic, he dismissed them stating they would not bond to OC. Well we know they do because we have tried them! He also thinks CQ just wears off. I guess those little quartz particles on my foam pad when I abraded CQ were a figment of my imagination!
    I responded to your post in the other thread -- I tried Hydro2 and it only lasted a wash or two.

While Reload is supposed to be more durable, I am doubtful that its cost-effective to be used as a topper.

As for CQ wearing off, that was an assumption and I was incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still somewhat torn between Permanon and Reload as a topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSP View Post
    I am still somewhat torn between Permanon and Reload as a topper.

Permanon to me is an "odd bird". It is super easy to apply and almost impossible to mess up. But I have never gotten the durability from Permanon Platinum (Older Blue version). So while it is easy to use and is super slick it becomes very expensive for me needing / wanting to top it up every 2-3 weeks to maintain the slickness and water shedding.

ReLoad is on of my favorites due to my use and love of CQ, CQUK and CarPro products in general. ReLoad is easy to apply just like a spray wax and leaves a slick, glossy surface behind that maintains your coating properties.

With that said, I have been using Hydro2 more and more in place of ReLoad. I personally feel like Hydro2 is better comparison product to Permanon Platinum. Moistly because they are both spray on and rinse off. I personally have gotten 3+ months from Hydro2. Hydro2 is also one of my better choices because I am able to touch the paint so much less. Wet vehicle, Spray panel with Hydro2, Wait 10-30 seconds, Blast panel with water, sheet dry, MasterBlaster to finish up drying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast