autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation How to clean just a few microfiber towels

I need to clean 4 of 5 16x16 microfiber towels. How should I do that w/out running the washing machine?

I have Groit's Garage microfiber cleaner along with liquid Tide free/clear.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!

--Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean just a few microfiber towels

Throw them in the wash with your other cloths if your using the tide free stuff.

Or wash them when you have more.
    Mark

Mike Phillips

I don't have a great answer except to wash them by hand and wear rubber gloves as you do it.

Don't know if this will help...

How many microfiber polishing cloths do I need to detail my car?

Post Thanks / Like

i have about 60 microfibers and will wait until i have about 25 of them ready to be washed and just throw them in with CG Microfiber detergent.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I guess waiting till I have enough for a small load sounds like a good idea. I just have a few new towels which say to wash first and guess my OCD wants all of them clean..... hard for me to let dirty towels/rags to just sit

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending how quickly you use them, you could toss the dirty ones in a bucket with some detergent to let them Presoak. I'll usually let them sit over night, or two, in the cleaner. I normally use cold water as to not set the stains in.

When I have enough, I'll do a load. Usually a full detail for me requires about 20 towels. I keep my wax/sealant towels separate from all others, to keep from contamination between towels.

I'm also ocd, so I run the washer empty with dawn and scrub it by hand halfway through the cycle. I'll also run as much hot water in the softener reservoir to clean it. After the cycle is finished I like to wipe the machine out with vinegar. I do the same after washing my towels.

That's more than you asked, but my fingers wont stop! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I stack 'em until it's time to clean 'em. But I've also found that my washing machine on the 'small load' setting is able to efficiently do just a few towels without wasting a ton of energy. (Though, of course, the most efficient way would be to wait for a full load!)
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ken tuep View Post
    Depending how quickly you use them, you could toss the dirty ones in a bucket with some detergent to let them Presoak. I'll usually let them sit over night, or two, in the cleaner. I normally use cold water as to not set the stains in.

When I have enough, I'll do a load. Usually a full detail for me requires about 20 towels. I keep my wax/sealant towels separate from all others, to keep from contamination between towels.

I'm also ocd, so I run the washer empty with dawn and scrub it by hand halfway through the cycle. I'll also run as much hot water in the softener reservoir to clean it. After the cycle is finished I like to wipe the machine out with vinegar. I do the same after washing my towels.

That's more than you asked, but my fingers wont stop! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online
    Actually all you said was very worthwhile. See, I'm not very different from you in this regard. I just didn't want to type an essay question as peeps tend to lose the original question in my ramblings

Post Thanks / Like

Going thru the same dilemma right now. Have about 7 towels and 2 pads sitting in bucket with cleaner. Though it's a cleaner solution I should still wring out when putting in washer with MF detergent right?

Post Thanks / Like

Get a dirty clothes bin that has 3 dividers. I use one and toss my dirty towels in there until I have enough for a full load. I have 3 categories: wax removal towels, compound/polish towels, and other. Got this idea from Mike Phillip's book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast