autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek is a RIPOFF!

Just thought you'd all like to hear my neighbors opinion on how AutoGeek is ripping us all off.

He came out and saw me doing a waterless wash on my car. Stack of MF towels on the windshield, me with one of those towels, folded into fours, and a Kawazar bottle full of Detailers Pro waterless auto wash! He said "'zat windex er sumthin?", I said, no, it's a waterless wash. As he looked pretty confused, I explained it further. Said that in some areas washing isn't legal due to water ordinances, and here in this apartment, we don't have an outside hose so doing a traditional 2 bucket wash (a term he also wasn't familiar with) isn't an option for me.

I told him it was basically car wash soap, but was designed so it could just be sprayed on and wiped off. I then sprayed a particularly dirty panel, let it linger for a second, then wiped it off to demonstrate. "Huh" he said. "Nah, it's just windex". I showed him the bottle and said 'Windex isn't orange and it doesn't smell like citrus!", he said "Well it's pine sol then. Who sold you that crap?", I told him I bought it online to which he replied "Oh yeah, tha internet, that explains it". I then told him about AutoGeek and how tons of people are using waterless washes on even high end exotics! Much less my little 2014 Focus! He just shook his head and said "That AutoDude site is just rippin you off man, it's just pine sol. Plus, you could just take it down to the car waRsh for 6 bucks! That's what I do!" [Pointing to his filthy, rusted late 80's pickup].

So anyway, as this individual seemed to a wise and studied man, I figured, in the interest of consumer protection, I would let you all know that Max is just packaging pine sol in Detailers Pro containers and ripping us all off!

Hehehe. Some people will just never learn!
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoGeek is a RIPOFF!

I hate people like that. The "I've been there and done all of that so there's no way anyone else has found a better way to do it" kind of people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha I'm going to sell all my stuff and just get pine sol!

Post Thanks / Like

Have him call me, I will help it make the truck shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrolleyVW View Post
    I hate people like that. The "I've been there and done all of that so there's no way anyone else has found a better way to do it" kind of people.
    Haha yeah. Well he seemed confused at the prospect of me even washing my car anyway. He's content to take his to the swirl-o-matic once every few months (And more power to him!), and just doesn't understand why I would take the time!

But I've gotten good at it and it takes me just a few minutes to wash my car, and per-wash, it's cheaper than the swirl-o-matic anyway! (And I use a TON of it each wash- I'd rather waste product than risk scratches, I saturate every panel with the stuff; and it still only works out to be about 2 bucks a wash for me- will be even cheaper when I start buying it by the gallon) No scratches or marring, and a nice clean car! When the car has a nice coat of wax on it the dirt practically runs away screaming with a mist of DP waterless wash!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Have him call me, I will help it make the truck shine!
    Hehehe, I knew I'd catch one of you red-lettered folks on the end of my line with that title! :P. Sure thing Meghan, I'll tell him to call ya! Hehe.

Also, I kinda like the name 'AutoDude' like he called you guys.. hehe.
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek is a RIPOFF!

^^^ sounds like your neighbor is a good reason why cousins shouldn't marry each other.

*ignoramus*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    ^^^ sounds like your neighbor is a good reason why cousins shouldn't marry each other.
    That's not nice! He had no teeth because of the chewing tobacco not his lineage and adding random R's into words where they don't belong is southern-Missouri dialect! Hehehe. (Unfortunately, both statements are not in the least sarcastic. I love living in a rural area though!)

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He should use his degree in chemistry to analyze the product for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

*ignoramus*
    lol this is like the third post you made today that made me laugh..good stuff..

well, time to get some Pine Sol!!!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

lol!, you type his idiolect so well, I read it speaking just like him. I picture a large, rather dirty man, scruffy beard and hair, and overalls.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast