autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Non-Gas-Powered Pressure Washer that is Foam Cannon Compatible?

Hey guys, so I purchased the foam cannon a while back and it was probably one of my best and most favourite purchases for my detailing arsenal.

So I purchased the attachment for my Karcher as found in this link.
    Amazon.com: Karcher Modular Series 2000PSI Electric Pressure Washer with 25-Foot Hose, K 5.690: Patio, Lawn & Garden

This pressure washer is absolutely junk. I try to get a car every weekend during the months April-September, so I use it quite often (doesn't even include when I would use it on my car). But anyways, to make a long story short, I have gone through 2 of these silly pressure washers because of leaking problems, and I got rid of them both and purchased a foam gun...which we all know is not as good as the foam cannon.

I was wondering what would be a good pressure washer to purchase that is not very big (like some of those gas-operated ones) that is also compatible with the foam cannon, and is one that will bring me less headaches (because I am down $500 roughly on pressure washers, and I am absolutely fed up).

Thanks!
    "Hard work always beats talent, if talent don't work hard."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Non-Gas-Powered Pressure Washer that is Foam Cannon Compatible?

I am also curious what PW people are using here.

I know Kranzle and CamSpray are amazing, but they are very pricey for someone that's looking to get it for personal use.

Surprised that AG doesn't sell any PW at all in their store.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed...

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Non gas, Hmmmmm..... I have a little Craftsman combo steam gun and 1700 psi electric pressure washer. It does OK for little jobs but there are vastly better electric washers.

Might look at a professional model electric, one with a bypass type pump like the gas models.

Ask Jean-Claude about his. I know he has one that operates like that mounted in his truck.

Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked at the lack of responses here today. Do you guys not use a pressure washer here?

I know ONR and rinseless washes are popular here, but alot of times, you need to do a regular wash and pressure washers help alot in that department.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's really odd. I have a Karcher K 2.360. It's a Walmart special at $130. It will be 2 years old soon. No leaks. Works flawlessly. For $500 you would expect it to work well. I use it quit frequently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Google pressure washers direct. Really you can get by with just an "OTC"/ weekender PW, but it's cheaper to buy a good one and further replacement parts than to keep buying $300 throw away units.

I got a wall mounted one on the way with a hot water pump (option). I ended up spending $1200 (bought from the CND distributor). If you need something cart mounted it's cheaper.

It may be a lot if money, but considering the unit is made for everyday professional use, it will last a long time. Repairs and replacement parts are cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the karcher k5.540 and it works flawlessly with my foam Cannon. I can't speak on any other models from different brands as this is alli have used. Works great. I believe Zach McG uses the same one iirc.

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like a broken record.

Go to Costco and buy WHATEVER cheapo electric pressure washer they have. Keep the box and all the paperwork. When it fails, and it WILL fail, return it and just buy the next one.

I am on my 4th electric washer. They all develop leaks, just like yours has.

Costco will honor lifetime returns on them. Just make sure you save the box and receipt.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using a greenworks 1700 psi from Lowes for about 5 years. During warmer weather it gets used on an almost daily basis. I just recently replaced it under warranty (2 months ago). It wasn't leaking, but the pressure was down a lot. I like the portability and has great pressure for washing cars, not too little or too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast