autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Owners - Are you going to purchase the Duetto ?

I own the Rupes 15, 21 as well as the new 75E Mini.

For the people that own the Rupes 21 with both 5 and 6" backing plates, i was curious how interested you guys are in the Duetto 12 ?

Its obvious that its not required if you already own a 15 or 21 (or both), but i'm pretty sure its got all of our attention. How many of you Rupes owners are dead set on purchasing it ?

A side note is that I just received my 75E mini. I bough the package deal and the next day it was offered by itself (DAMMIT !). but anyway, this polisher is amazing ! It has some serious power and really does correct the paint. It cuts away without much of any downward pressure and I was able to get it in extremely tight spots with the lake country 3" polishing pads. If you havent picked this polisher up, I would highly suggest you do so, even if your a weekend warrior like myself. Use it once and you will be hooked. The griots garage will be put aside to wax spreading duty once you do so. It also has the perfect backing plate for the Meg's 3" cutting pad. The only pads I was not comfortable with was the Griots 3" pads. The recessed velcro material makes the backing plate exposed when they are compressed.

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on the purchasing the Duetto as a supplement to the rupes line. worth it or useless for 15 and 21 owners ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could get just the bp for my 21. You can run any size pads with every other polisher on the market.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Owners - Are you going to purchase the Duetto ?

I think it's kind of useless of you have a 15 (which I have). A 21 maybe - but only if your rich and too lazy to change BPs. I'm not really to sure what the advantage of the Duetto would be over the 15/21. Only thing I can thing of is the body style of the machine - if you like that. But, a big advantage of the 15 for me is the body style. When I'm polishing the middle of a hood my back aches. With the Rupes 15 I can just reach my arm out and hold it from the end. This may not work on major correction work, but it works well for me.

I thought the whole "thing" with the Bigfoot is the large stroke. So, if you have a 15/21 - why would you want a machine with an even smaller stroke? When would you use it? Sanding? I guess if you sand cars a lot maybe. But I'm also guessing most 15/21 owners have a PC or GG6 stashed away some place.

All this bring said, I have a PC and a GG6 and I'll likely be buying the Mini. Dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I wish I could get just the bp for my 21. You can run any size pads with every other polisher on the market.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Unless I'm missing something here (and I might be) - you can get a 5" BP for the 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Owners - Are you going to purchase the Duetto ?

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I think it's kind of useless of you have a 15 (which I have). A 21 maybe - but only if your rich and too lazy to change BPs. I'm not really to sure what the advantage of the Duetto would be over the 15/21. Only thing I can thing of is the body style of the machine - if you like that. But, a big advantage of the 15 for me is the body style. When I'm polishing the middle of a hood my back aches. With the Rupes 15 I can just reach my arm out and hold it from the end. This may not work on major correction work, but it works well for me.

I thought the whole "thing" with the Bigfoot is the large stroke. So, if you have a 15/21 - why would you want a machine with an even smaller stroke? When would you use it? Sanding? I guess if you sand cars a lot maybe. But I'm also guessing most 15/21 owners have a PC or GG6 stashed away some place.

All this bring said, I have a PC and a GG6 and I'll likely be buying the Mini. Dunno why.

Unless I'm missing something here (and I might be) - you can get a 5" BP for the 21.
    good insight swan.. I kind of feel the seme way. Would love to hear from others as well.

regarding the 75e mini, Its worth it for sure IMO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    good insight swan.. I kind of feel the seme way. Would love to hear from others as well.

regarding the 75e mini, Its worth it for sure IMO!
    I'm sure it is. Nothing makes me happier than when things are simple. So, I'm trying to go all Rupes polishes, pads, and machines. I'll leave the experimentation with different combos for LSPs and spray waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I'm sure it is. Nothing makes me happier than when things are simple. So, I'm trying to go all Rupes polishes, pads, and machines. I'll leave the experimentation with different combos for LSPs and spray waxes.

I too am very impressed with the Rupes pads. The yellow is extremely versatile.

Can you elaborate a little more on your experience with the pads and polish's. what you like , and what works best most of the time ? what pads and polish combo's are you using the most ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm considering getting the 75e to replace my PC for tight areas and using my PC for interior work with the brush attachments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I too am very impressed with the Rupes pads.
    I'd like to have the Mini.
    The Duetto...and my PC 7424XP, GG-6?

Did the 75e Mini's pads overall dimensions create that much of a polishing-hindrance
    around certain areas of the vehicle that the use of 3" LC pads were required?

Glad to hear they fit properly on the Mini's backing plate.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I started working at a new shop. They handed me a Rupes 21 to use at work . I did a few corrections on it and I'm really impressed. I have a Flex & GG6 myself. I think I'll be adding a Rupes to my arsenal. Its so smooth. I didn't have a problem on curved panels. It does have the washer mod. I used the Rupes pads on it and thought they were nice. They didn't seem to compress. I want to try a 15 cause the throw was nice at times but a bit to much in tighter spots.

Can you put different size backing plates on both the 15 & 21?

I have to really check out and compare the specs between the 21, 15, 12 and 75.

Which throw is comparable to the Flex or GG6?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I'd like to have the Mini.
    The Duetto...and my PC 7424XP, GG-6?

Did the 75e Mini's pads overall dimensions create that much of a polishing-hindrance
    around certain areas of the vehicle that the use of 3" LC pads were required?

Glad to hear they fit properly on the Mini's backing plate.

Bob
    The fit of the 3" LC hydrotech pads are exceptional on the 75E. They fit absolutely perfect. the velcro material sizing is perfect to apply 100% of the pressure to 100% of the pad. But like any perfect fitting pad you just have to be aware around tight areas as to not rub the machine's backing plate on other area's of the car. In most case's the rupes pads are the perfect match for this machine with their conical shape.

I have certain body lines on my car that are perfect for the 3" hydrotech pads. So yes I have been hindered by 4" pads in the past compared to 3". Rupes even offers a pneumatic 1" orbital polisher for sanding that if you cut up pad's you can polish with. If you search youtube you will see that it actually WILL correct paint even though its not a Dual Action machine (just orbital).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast