autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Waste not, want not!

So tonight I was making up Christmas cards for all of the folks at church, and because my handwriting is atrocious AND I hate writing things out by hand, I made up address labels for the envelopes (But I hand signed the cards, so I'm still okay right? Hehe). Well, one sheet had 4 labels unused and although you CAN save partial sheets and reuse them, I don't have the motivation to do that. So, I made labels for 4 of my spray bottles!

If you're wondering about the little logo, I have a template for my address labels with that logo for when I'm sending things out. I had actually already printed that sheet once, so the logos were there but they were blank- but I ran them through the printer again with the bottle labels.

I have a nice Kwazar bottle and, of course, 'manufacturer labeled' bottles, but I just picked up these 4. The black one I threw on to my last AutoGeek order so that I could put it over $50 to get free shipping. They really aren't that great of bottles, unfortunately! But uber cheap! The other 3 I bought at the hardware store in a 3-pack and they are halfway decent. Though, I think in the future I'll spring for the good dual-action Mercury Pro / Kwazar style bottles. Hard to go back to anything else! (I use such a bottle for my waterless wash). The Chemical Guys bottles are pretty good too.

Only problem! Well, then I filled the ONR bottle, and when I got water on the label I realize the flaw in my master plan! Luckily, it was printed with a laser printer, so while the label got wet and crinkly, the printing did not 'run'. I remedied this by putting some clear packing tape over each of the labels. Problem solved!

They do make larger labels as well that you can send through a printer. I actually have some 'package labels'. You could get real fancy with something like that!
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waste not, want not!

They're nice looking labels. I'm sure the Postal Service appreciates your typed names and addresses on the envelopes!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! Good idea on the tape.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    I printed my own labels and packing taped them too!!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using AG Online
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I printed my own labels and packing taped them too!!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using AG Online
    Hey, it works good! Nice and legible, at a glance!

P.S., Autogeek, you should carry a bottle that is both price and performance in between the current cheap bottles, and the Mercury bottles. While the mercury bottles are awesome, they are pricey for less-used products. We're talking $12 or $15, + shipping, PER BOTTLE, which is unnecessary for things like pad cleaner that are used less often (as opposed to a waterless wash where you are spraying down the ENTIRE car, for which the more expensive bottles are a welcome tool and I use them!) However the cheap bottles (like the black one on the left) are about the same as the ones I can get for a buck at the dollar store. Very thin, flimsy. Halfway decent sprayer though. I want a $4 or $5 bottle that's similar in quality to what Chemical Guys spray products come in (unfortunately though, CG doesn't sell that bottle empty!)
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Printed labels look good just wonder if they will stay on if they get damp. They look like labels for a Methodist Church.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Printed labels look good just wonder if they will stay on if they get damp. They look like labels for a Methodist Church.
    They are blessed bottles..........lol
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. (Both the addresses and the bottles).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    P.S., Autogeek, you should carry a bottle that is both price and performance in between the current cheap bottles, and the Mercury bottles. While the mercury bottles are awesome, they are pricey for less-used products. We're talking $12 or $15, + shipping, PER BOTTLE, which is unnecessary for things like pad cleaner that are used less often (as opposed to a waterless wash where you are spraying down the ENTIRE car, for which the more expensive bottles are a welcome tool and I use them!) However the cheap bottles (like the black one on the left) are about the same as the ones I can get for a buck at the dollar store. Very thin, flimsy. Halfway decent sprayer though. I want a $4 or $5 bottle that's similar in quality to what Chemical Guys spray products come in (unfortunately though, CG doesn't sell that bottle empty!)
    The spray master heavy duty bottles are great. They are chemically resistant and work great. Although I try to be loyal to AG, you can get these bottles at Home Depot for $5.99 no waiting, no shipping. The other thing I like about them, they have a space for writing the contents. A black sharpie does a nice job and can be cleaned off if you change contents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Hehe, yes, that's the logo! As I said, I already had the logo on the labels, I just printed the contents over them.

Also, like I said in the post, I put packing tape over the labels to keep them from getting wet