autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite brand?

I notice when reading through the forums you guys use multiple types of products not just one "brand". For example using all of the Meguiars products or Griots garage.
    Mike always says use what works.
    My question is if you only had one whose brand would it be?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is your favorite brand?

Meguiars is a line I think I could use exclusively but I would miss some others for sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars for sure! Like dcjredline said you could use it exclusively

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a couple favorites.

1) Griots Garage. Good products, and everything is super simple. Wanna know what their windshield polish is called? Is it Magic-Glass Juice 6000? Window-Kleere 2.0? No... it's called, ready for it? "Glass Polish". I love that.

2) Meguiars. Their over the counter stuff is good, which means you actually have some decent stuff you can go to the parts store and buy and stock up on. Good price/performance ratio!

3) Chemical Guys. As much as their marketing annoys the crud out of me (The videos are crappy, the names of half of their products make no sense, and they are trying SO HARD to be this hip, cool detailing company that it kind of hurts to watch)- their products are good, price is good, and they have pretty much everything you could ever want (though, at times, they have a little 'too much', ever see how many car washes they have!?)
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

haha +1 on the Griots Garage product names. I wish Meguiars did something similar (my only complaint)

Post Thanks / Like
    If I only had to use Menzerna polishes and compounds for the rest of my life I couldn't complain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s1mba View Post
    haha +1 on the Griots Garage product names. I wish Meguiars did something similar (my only complaint)
    Me too.

If I had a detailing product company, my product names would be;

PADS:

Cutting Pad
    Polishing Pad
    Finishing Pad

POLISH:

Heavy Cutting Compound
    Mild Cutting Compound
    Light Cutting Polish
    Fine Finishing Polish

Waxes/Sealants:

Carnauba Wax
    Synthetic Sealant

etc., etc.... Take the confusion out of it. GG gets it! Machine Polish 1-4. No silly names for everything that you have to consult a chart or decode (if you are unfamiliar with the brand) to figure out which product you need. With GG, 1 is the most aggressive, 4 is the least. How easy is that?

Wish more companies would do that- but I guess marketing gurus say it will sell better if it's named "Mr. Fuzzlekittenwompus Juice 10000 2.0 Extreme". (Can ya tell I hate silly irrelevant detailing product names?)
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Must be talking about the Mirror Glaze Meguiars products cause Im pretty sure the rest are named "normally" Wheel Brightener, Paint Reconditioning Cream, Super Degreaser, Ultimate Polish/wash/compound etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Must be talking about the Mirror Glaze Meguiars products cause Im pretty sure the rest are named "normally" Wheel Brightener, Paint Reconditioning Cream, Super Degreaser, Ultimate Polish/wash/compound etc
    Well Meguiars is guilty of at least one offense with "Ultimate Liquid Wax", which is not a wax; but a sealant. They are labeling it 'wrong' to cater to the market! But I understand why. The average joe walking down the aisle at Autozone looking for a wax is not going to know what a 'sealant' is.

Chemical Guys, IMHO, is the single worst offender of crappy names that mean nothing. But even Menzerna and others. SF4100, SF4500, etc. I'm sure those names all have meaning and are significant in reference to the formulation of the product; but I'm not a chemist. I'd rather just know what the product does without having to consult a chart!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Mequiar's no doubt! There is NOTHING on a vehicle that you can't do with a Meg's product. Top to bottom, inside and out. Chemicals, finishing products, waxes and sealants, pads, towels (well not great, but at least they HAVE some), nothing is missing. Heck you could even use their buffer!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast