autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with leather seats

This afternoon I started to work on the interior of a 96-97 Cadillac STS?
    The seats and interior in this thing are nasty!
    I worked on the front seats today, and need to finish the driver's side that looks like it's going to be a challenge

I used Lexol Leather Cleaning for this job, aided by some warm water to remove. I repeat this process twice, but I still feel like I'm not there yet
    I have Lexol and Duragloss Leather Conditioners as well

After you look at the after pics, you can see I still have some blemishes left that could still be cleaned out

What helpful tips can you guys give me to get me over the hump on this one. I also have a bottle of Duragloss Leather Shampoo I could use, but short of having to buy another product (car's gotta be done tomorrow) what should I do to bring it up to par?

Not an easy task. See the before pics, and the rear seats I'm yet to do for tomorrow!

Driver's side before:

Driver's side after:
    (Same pics, just the flash showing stuff you can hardly see with the naked eye, but still bugs me) At the time of the pics, the seats were noy fully dry-

Passenger's side after: -Came out better than the driver's side-

A glimpse of what awaits me tomorrow:

Last edited by Z06-Goose; 06-26-2007 at 12:15 AM.
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like
    brother that is some NASTY stuff!!! i feel for you... um i would spray tons of leather cleaner let it soak, get a stiff brush... spray it down then throw some elbow grease into it. if it's old leather, you have to be careful on how aggressive with the brush, im talking a brush you would use to work carpet of the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh ya, i hope you charge alot for cleaning those seats.... they look really good for the b/a

Post Thanks / Like
    woooow those are the dirtiest seats i have ever seen, you might have to try other products, i dont know of any quick fixes. im sure some one else will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya, a brush is a good idea

Post Thanks / Like
    You brought the fronts along good. I agree with Dust2Glory on the stiff brush. It should take out some of the remaining scuffs in the front. Lexol cleaner with a brush has taken out stains that i couldn't get out with other cleaners. Another last resort tool that I've used is a stiff little pad covered in a fine mesh for stubborn spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2Glory
    brother that is some NASTY stuff!!! i feel for you... um i would spray tons of leather cleaner let it soak, get a stiff brush... spray it down then throw some elbow grease into it. if it's old leather, you have to be careful on how aggressive with the brush, im talking a brush you would use to work carpet of the vehicle.
    Just be carefull not to rub the coating off.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    You brought the fronts along good. I agree with Dust2Glory on the stiff brush. It should take out some of the remaining scuffs in the front. Lexol cleaner with a brush has taken out stains that i couldn't get out with other cleaners. Another last resort tool that I've used is a stiff little pad covered in a fine mesh for stubborn spots.
    I do have a Meguiar's brush that has a yellow half, and a tan side. One side is softer that the other, I guess I could carefully give it a shot. The meshed sponge also crossed my mind
    I would give it another shot in the morning once they're completely dry. Those little blems aren't so visible by the naked eye, just the camera flash will expose it, and then you know is there
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm charging $200.00 including the carpet. I should've assessed the condition better before the quote. The owner is a heavy smoker
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 06-26-2007 at 01:19 AM.
    -Goose

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had good results with the magic eraser and then using a leather conditioner. If that doesn't work and you wanna go medieval on it try Go-jo ( or any other orange pumice ) and rub it in by hand and rinse away with damp cloth and use leather conditioner. just my 2 cents ... some my not agree with my methods

Post Thanks / Like
    About APC 10:1
    Good idea, bad idea?!
    -Goose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast