autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Products...factory direct or AGO?

So I am lucky enough to be stationed in Stuttgart Germany and I am looking to place an order for some Menzerna products. The question I have is what is the best/cheapest way to get the product?

The factory is about 45 minutes from where I live so it is definitely an easy drive. I would ASSUME that it would be cheaper and WAY faster to buy direct right from the factory instead of through AGO but not sure.

Anyone been lucky enough to have this option?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Products...factory direct or AGO?

Ohh how i would love to be in Germany!!! I would check the factory for shits and giggles regardless. Let us know how it goes and snap some pix.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking about heading out there next Thursday/Friday. Obviously Germans dont celebrate Thanksgiving so that might be a great chance to stop by the factory!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous. I would get it from the factory only because it's close. But ago does have awesome prices.....

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how the visit goes. I would like to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Smack I am going to call them Monday to see what they say about visits and selling direct. I will def let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

For a minute there I thought the OP was Smack in disguise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    So I am lucky enough to be stationed in Stuttgart Germany and I am looking to place an order for some Menzerna products. The question I have is what is the best/cheapest way to get the product?

The factory is about 45 minutes from where I live so it is definitely an easy drive. I would ASSUME that it would be cheaper and WAY faster to buy direct right from the factory instead of through AGO but not sure.

Most factories only wholesales, but it might be worth the drive.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    Ohh how i would love to be in Germany!!! I would check the factory for shits and giggles regardless. Let us know how it goes and snap some pix.

+1 make the trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post

I have been selling packaging to manufacturer's for 20+ years. So here's my take:

You want to by a couple bottles of polish directly from a manufacturer that has worked hard to set up distributor networks and possibly upset those distributors.

So if they happen to have a retail shop at said manufacturer's location they will undoutedly sell at list price and not under cut their distributors pricing. I work with equipment manufacturers and some times the customers try to backdoor me and call them direct, they NEVER come off list price and they charge an arm and a leg to service the equipment. Not trying to be a you know what, just pointing out the reason distributors exist. Most large manufacturers of any size you can't even get on the property and if you can you most likely won't get past the front door.

But I am intrigued to see how you fare along with the rest of the forum members who have posted here. If they happen to have a retail shop on site it will be cool to see how the price stacks up with the euro dollar conversion vs what we pay in the US. I'm waging it's higher over there. Oh and don't forget the dreaded VAT tax, what is that, like 17% or something?

Best of luck and let us know how it goes, hope you get a deal.

PS how much is gas in Germany per liter these days? I know a round trip 1-1/2 drive in my truck would cost me about $30.00 in gas and negate any potential savings. But then again I'm not in Germany, can you say Autobahn!!!! Yee haw I'd bust out the GC for that ride.!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast