autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PB Natty's Blue left spotting on stainless steel?

So I pulled out my new 03 Cobra and gave it a good bath with my new Foam Gun and DP Extreme Foam, which by the way worked well. Just don't bother trying NST7 in it, it doesn't work well.

Anyway the paint was already in mint conidition with lots of Zaino on it so I didn't feel the need to clean or correct the paint, just threw on a layer of Natty's Blue to give it a little extra "pop". As I got to my back bumper I just rolled right over the stainless steel inserts on my bumper figuring they are stainless steel and if anything the NB will give them a bit extra shine. When I went to go take the wax I noticed it seems to have left some spotting almost like etching. I tried a clean microfiber towel and some elbow grease but the spots never came off. They aren't really all that noticable unless you are up close but I want to get them off if possible.

Does anyone have any ideas? Just in case some aren't familiar with the stainless steel inserts here is a pic (not my car, just a generic photo).

Post Thanks / Like
    it is likely that it is actually water spotting on the inserts. The wax just captured it and amplified it. I would polish them lightly or use a paint cleaner (Pinnacle, P21S) and then reapply.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    are the pipes aluminum or chrome? or go to your local auto parts store and pick up some metal polish... mothers brand, and get to buffing

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt the wax caused your problem, would have to go with what Scott said.
    Have you done anything to your Crobra, I tuned my brothers to 540/530 at the rear wheels with a stock eaton.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had never noticed it before at all until now. I may try the metal polish but wanted to get some opinions before I place another chemical on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET
    I doubt the wax caused your problem, would have to go with what Scott said.
    Have you done anything to your Crobra, I tuned my brothers to 540/530 at the rear wheels with a stock eaton.
    Yeah she isn't fully stock but close, 2.81 pulley on the eaton, magnaflow catback & upr CAI. The time it was on a dyno it was 482/475.

So you are a tuner and got a stock Cobra to 540 rwhp with just a tune? What tuner did you use, Predator or XCal2? Is your brother in MACA?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, have 2.81 on the eaton, bassani mid-length, bigger injectors, fuel rails, lightning force cooler, accufab throttlebody, pauls high performace inlet. Use sct to tune. I used a dyno at a shop that used to sponsor my 10 inch tire car,
    which was an 88 gt that went 8's back in the early 90's. Also had help my a good friend of mine Herman at horsepower by herman. That is the guy to go to for the cobras or any mod motor car.

Post Thanks / Like
    THanks for the tip, I have heard of Herman at HBH. I had been thinking I need to take it to get retuned and was going to take it up to Jon Lund in PA but I might consider HBH.

WHere in NoVa is your brother and what color Cobra does he have? I am also in NoVa near Dulles.

Post Thanks / Like
    We grew up in N.arlignton, we have a house in woodbridge off of the prince william parkway. We buy and sell houses. He has a black vert, the way to tell it is his, herman put an 8.8 in it and it sits on 315's now. He also has the Magna flow cat-back. If you need help with cleaning your car let me know or if you want to try something out before you purchase. I would diffently go with herman on the tune. I have known for @ 20 years, you will not find a nicer or more helpful person. He moved his shop to fl because his wife got promoted in the coke co. My brother is getting ready to tow his car down to his shop for a kb. I know there is a couple shops in the area, but they just cant compete with hermans knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET
    We grew up in N.arlignton, we have a house in woodbridge off of the prince william parkway. We buy and sell houses. He has a black vert, the way to tell it is his, herman put an 8.8 in it and it sits on 315's now. He also has the Magna flow cat-back. If you need help with cleaning your car let me know or if you want to try something out before you purchase. I would diffently go with herman on the tune. I have known for @ 20 years, you will not find a nicer or more helpful person. He moved his shop to fl because his wife got promoted in the coke co. My brother is getting ready to tow his car down to his shop for a kb. I know there is a couple shops in the area, but they just cant compete with hermans knowledge.
    Wow I appreciate the offer, I will have to keep that in mind. I don't make it out towards Woodbridge all that often but I will keep my eye out for his ride. Let him know that if he sees a Mineral Grey vert (pretty rare, only 154 made) that would be me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know he goes out to ofwalons-an irish bar out by dulles town center alot. so you never know. Just let know if you need help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast