autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up How to apply SON1C Wax Carnaubavore by machine properly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3y40VINzI]SON1C Wax Carnaubavore - How To Machine Apply Properly to Ferrari Testarossa with a Rupes 21 DA - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to apply SON1C Wax Carnaubavore by machine properly

Hi SON1C (Drew)...

Thanks for your time, and effort, in producing this video!
    Some good machine application tips included therein!

Speaking of tips:
    I find this one to be: "most gripping...yet unsuspenseful".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Applying paste wax to Jeff's pad so he can get busy machine applying a paste wax...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Excellent video!

We machine apply pretty much all the paste waxes we use here for our Thursday night project cars and here's a couple of tips...

1. The first time you knock the wax out of the jar take a paper towel and wipe out any remaining wax out of the inside of the jar and this will make removing the wax and the putting the wax back into the jar a lot easier with less mess.

2. Always hold the wax very carefully when it's out of the jar. If you're not careful and you hold it in your hand with just a little too much pressure you can deform the cylindrical chunk of wax and this makes it a lot harder to slip back into the jar. I like to use a microfiber glove to hold the wax, this keeps the wax clean and my hand clean.

3. While a few swipes across the face of the pad will go a long ways you're still going to need to apply some more wax to the face of the pad as you move around the car. Knowing this, instead of placing the wax back into the jar and sealing the jar with the lid, place the jar and the lid on a clean work bench or table and after you swipe the wax across the face of the foam buffing pad carefully set the wax into the lid.

4. Very Important: Remember which way the wax came out of the jar and be sure to ALWAYS put it back into the jar the same direction. That is the bottom of the wax should go in first to rest against the bottom of the inside of the jar. There's usually a taper to the cylinder of wax and if you try to insert the cylinder of wax backwards or upside down into the jar you'll often find it does not fit as well and you can easily tear up the wax and this ends up with wasted wax.

5. When machine waxing you only need a medium speed setting, not a fast setting. High speed settings are for removing defects. When using a finishing wax after you've already performed all the correction and polishing steps, the goal is merely to do a GREAT job of spreading out a thin layer of wax and of course working the wax "into" the paint to whatever level is possible. Single stage paints are more permeable than clear coat paints). Use a medium speed setting and then go over each panel 2-3 times to ensure uniform coverage and a uniform layer.

Hope that helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Us in the GEEK-Garage learned that technique from you MIKE.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

wish i had this info about 3 weeks ago when i got drews wax...unfortunately the wax flew out of my hands while my da was running and is now filled with floor junk...to make matters worse, i flipped over the wax and did the process again, only to yield the same result. So i have a $65 pile of sticky garage floor garbage...live and learn! but it still smells great!

Post Thanks / Like

Great video Drew !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottdevine View Post
    wish i had this info about 3 weeks ago when i got drews wax...unfortunately the wax flew out of my hands while my da was running and is now filled with floor junk...to make matters worse, i flipped over the wax and did the process again, only to yield the same result. So i have a $65 pile of sticky garage floor garbage...live and learn! but it still smells great!
    Sorry for your misfortune...
    But are there any folks with which you share a mutual dislike?

Perfect chance, IMO...to 'mend fences' by salvaging this new "metal-flake wax" upon their vehicles.

Or, as I've heard folks describe it:
    Nothing like a new wax application to have someone: "grit through their teeth".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Hi SON1C (Drew)...

Thanks for your time, and effort, in producing this video!
    Some good machine application tips included therein!

Speaking of tips:
    I find this one to be: "most gripping...yet unsuspenseful".

Bob
    Thank you Bob it's my pleasure thanks for viewing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Excellent video!

We machine apply pretty much all the paste waxes we use here for our Thursday night project cars and here's a couple of tips...

1. The first time you knock the wax out of the jar take a paper towel and wipe out any remaining wax out of the inside of the jar and this will make removing the wax and the putting the wax back into the jar a lot easier with less mess.

2. Always hold the wax very carefully when it's out of the jar. If you're not careful and you hold it in your hand with just a little too much pressure you can deform the cylindrical chunk of wax and this makes it a lot harder to slip back into the jar. I like to use a microfiber glove to hold the wax, this keeps the wax clean and my hand clean.

3. While a few swipes across the face of the pad will go a long ways you're still going to need to apply some more wax to the face of the pad as you move around the car. Knowing this, instead of placing the wax back into the jar and sealing the jar with the lid, place the jar and the lid on a clean work bench or table and after you swipe the wax across the face of the foam buffing pad carefully set the wax into the lid.

4. Very Important: Remember which way the wax came out of the jar and be sure to ALWAYS put it back into the jar the same direction. That is the bottom of the wax should go in first to rest against the bottom of the inside of the jar. There's usually a taper to the cylinder of wax and if you try to insert the cylinder of wax backwards or upside down into the jar you'll often find it does not fit as well and you can easily tear up the wax and this ends up with wasted wax.

5. When machine waxing you only need a medium speed setting, not a fast setting. High speed settings are for removing defects. When using a finishing wax after you've already performed all the correction and polishing steps, the goal is merely to do a GREAT job of spreading out a thin layer of wax and of course working the wax "into" the paint to whatever level is possible. Single stage paints are more permeable than clear coat paints). Use a medium speed setting and then go over each panel 2-3 times to ensure uniform coverage and a uniform layer.

Hope that helps...

Incredible tips Mike, you are certainly the king of nuba machine application!
    Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Us in the GEEK-Garage learned that technique from you MIKE.
    Definitely the right guy to learn from!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdevine View Post
    Can you please PM details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great video Drew !!!!
    Thank you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Sorry for your misfortune...
    But are there any folks with which you share a mutual dislike?

Perfect chance, IMO...to 'mend fences' by salvaging this new "metal-flake wax" upon their vehicles.

Or, as I've heard folks describe it:
    Nothing like a new wax application to have someone: "grit through their teeth".

Bob
    Lol certainly a viable solution, have you done this before Bob?!

Post Thanks / Like

well that answered my question i pmd you about!!! LOL!