autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SONAX Perfect finish OR Menzerna PF2500

Okay everyone, I know it's the battle of the one-steps. I've consulted Todd's amazing thread (The Ultimate 1-Step Showdown! - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum) and I still want to get feedback from detailers who have used both and can give real assessments to their individual characteristics.

I've heard plenty of, PF2500 was the best, but not anymore - Perfect Finish has the crown and then I've also heard you just can't beat 2500.

So... now a free for all. Which is best and why? I will be buying one of them on the next order (nope, can't do both and do a test this time, too many new pads I gotta buy). By the way, the pads I will be using are Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads. I was thinking I could use this polish that you all will help me choose, with either cyan or tangerine depending on the severity of the defects and hardness of paint.

Okay... Let the battle begin... Who will be king!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SONAX Perfect finish OR Menzerna PF2500

I have compared Sonax 3/6 to Menz 2500. Both are excellent and imo, the only significant difference is the 3/6 is easier to remove. Both polishes finish out about the same, though I'm working on white or silver so perhaps that's not the ultimate test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Okay everyone, I know it's the battle of the one-steps. I've consulted Todd's amazing thread (The Ultimate 1-Step Showdown! - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum) and I still want to get feedback from detailers who have used both and can give real assessments to their individual characteristics.

I've heard plenty of, PF2500 was the best, but not anymore - Perfect Finish has the crown and then I've also heard you just can't beat 2500.

So... now a free for all. Which is best and why? I will be buying one of them on the next order (nope, can't do both and do a test this time, too many new pads I gotta buy). By the way, the pads I will be using are Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads. I was thinking I could use this polish that you all will help me choose, with either cyan or tangerine depending on the severity of the defects and hardness of paint.

Okay... Let the battle begin... Who will be king!?!?!
    M205 wasn't tested in the comparison...... Likely because it would have had the advantage.....

With the pad, machine used M205 would have ate that test finish for breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand how the test would be the ultimate when the standard wasn't even tested..... M205.....

Also M83 wasn't tested either......

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Sonax on BMW black paint. I had one that had major swirls and the Sonax along with an orange pad took out about 80% of those swirls. If i stepped up to a yellow cutting pad i'd guarantee you that they would all be gone.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

I have both PF2500 and Sonax PF... I have not used them in a side by side comparison, so it is hard for me to comment on how they directly compete in terms of cutting and finishing. I will tell you that in each instance, I have been very impressed with both products. I think Sonax is geared more towards finishing down better on softer paints, but again, I have not done any testing myself so I cannot speak from direct head-to-head experience.

Dark Blue Lexus GX470 one-step with Sonax PF

Grey Porsche 911 Turbo One-Step with Menzerna PF2500

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    M205 wasn't tested in the comparison...... Likely because it would have had the advantage.....

With the pad, machine used M205 would have ate that test finish for breakfast.
    ^You seem to really love Meguiar's products and have something negative to say about most other suggestions. Don't get me wrong, I love M205 and use it regularly. The fact of the matter is that no one polish will excel in every situation. M205 definitely has its limitations and there are other products that perform much better in certain scenarios... very soft paint is one situation that comes to mind.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I have both PF2500 and Sonax PF... I have not used them in a side by side comparison, so it is hard for me to comment on how they directly compete in terms of cutting and finishing. I will tell you that in each instance, I have been very impressed with both products. I think Sonax is geared more towards finishing down better on softer paints, but again, I have not done any testing myself so I cannot speak from direct head-to-head experience.

Dark Blue Lexus GX470 one-step with Sonax PF

Grey Porsche 911 Turbo One-Step with Menzerna PF2500

^You seem to really love Meguiar's products and have something negative to say about most other suggestions. Don't get me wrong, I love M205 and use it regularly. The fact of the matter is that no one polish will excel in every situation. M205 definitely has its limitations and there are other products that perform much better in certain scenarios... very soft paint is one situation that comes to mind.

Negative? When, Where?

Ah... Never said anything negative about the other products.....

All I said was for it to be the ultimate test as the OP said that the standards should have also been tested.

So the products would have something to compare too.... To see how they stack up against the standard.

Otherwise they are just being compared to each other like they were.....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe negative was the wrong description... but you seem to put Meguiar's products on a pedestal in most of your replies. Again, they make fantastic products, but having an open mind and accepting that other products will produce better results in certain situations will allow you to be a much more well rounded detailer... that is all I was trying to say.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Adams products are the best.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Maybe negative was the wrong description... but you seem to put Meguiar's products on a pedestal in most of your replies. Again, they make fantastic products, but having an open mind and accepting that other products will produce better results in certain situations will allow you to be a much more well rounded detailer... that is all I was trying to say.
    Been doing this for 30 years off and on and I have used a lot of other products over the years.

Haven't seen the need to add others currently other than maybe an AIO product like D151, XMT 360 or M66...

However if the need arises I would look to other products...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast