autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I have everything I need...suggestions?

Some of you may have seen my Intro post over here (Hello AGO from Southern California) but anyways I am just getting started and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on what else to order & to make sure I am not missing anything major not provided along with the kit that is essential. So my plan is to purchase and use the items shown here in my cart to get my 1995 Mustang to look decent again. It has sat outside for months uncovered and unwashed for months at a time and it's color is really starting to fade. Infact I have never really waxed it since I got it back in 2005. I don't expect to make it perfect especially since it has paint chips, but would like its color back a little bit. I figured meguiars 105/205 along with my NXT liquid Tech WAX would be a perfect place to start off. I was originally planning to purchase the Griot polisher but settled on the porter because people swear by it and the kits offered seem a little more complete. If someone think there is a better kit for me then please let me know. If I look good to go then somebody just give me the green light so I don't end up placing multiple orders. (btw I already have plenty of microfiber cloth & a claybar).

[img][/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    The 105/205 can kick a lot of buttocks .

This is just my my opinion, unless you want to take extra steps with measuring the paint etc...

Again IMO just polish it and seal it.

You can just use an ultra fine polish. That adds a lot IMO.

Art

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do I have everything I need...suggestions?

Looks like a good start Its nice that the PC kit comes with 5.5 pads. How are you planning on washing? I would suggest some good soap, 2 grit guards, wheel brush and MF washing mitts. Get some Megs hyper dressing 4:1 for tire and trim to complete it all. I could suggest a lot of things but this is keeping it simple.

The Grit Guard, grit guard insert, bucket grate, car wash bucket grid,
    Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt 2-Pack - Choose Your Mitts!
    Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,
    Meguiars Hyper-Wash is a concetrated car wash for frequent or professional detailing. Super foaming, long lasting car shampoo from Meguiars.
    Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the 20% off coupon.

Post Thanks / Like

get the uber 3.0 compound sample instead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Golf View Post
    Looks like a good start Its nice that the PC kit comes with 5.5 pads. How are you planning on washing? I would suggest some good soap, 2 grit guards, wheel brush and MF washing mitts. Get some Megs hyper dressing 4:1 for tire and trim to complete it all. I could suggest a lot of things but this is keeping it simple.

The Grit Guard, grit guard insert, bucket grate, car wash bucket grid,
    Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt 2-Pack - Choose Your Mitts!
    Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush, auto detail brush, Wheel Brush, Tire Brush, Detailing Brush, Corvette brush, Mercedes brush, sport wheel brush,
    Meguiars Hyper-Wash is a concetrated car wash for frequent or professional detailing. Super foaming, long lasting car shampoo from Meguiars.
    Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing

I have one of those Gilmour style foam master things(lame?) and Chemical Guys Citrus wash & clear gloss ( CWS_301 & CWS_302). But I actually still have some of the old NXT soap left thats been discontinued which I really like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    The 105/205 can kick a lot of buttocks .

This is just my my opinion, unless you want to take extra steps with measuring the paint etc...

Again IMO just polish it and seal it.

You can just use an ultra fine polish. That adds a lot IMO.

Art

I see, so just hit it with 205 first and see how that goes and if not enough then try the 105 if I am not satisfied with 205's results?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good plan. Hope you're stocked on detail spray (unless you're using car soap as clay lube.)

Post Thanks / Like

get some red touchup paint and fix those chips before you fill them with wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Using Iron-X before claying wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Then I'd use Ultimate Compound first, if not enough cut then go to the 105, the UC is much easier to work with and works well if I may add.
    Then polish the heck out of it with 205, if you want a good sealant at a great price use Griot's Paint Sealant and then top in with NXT wax.
    The red paint should pop

Please post some before and after pics , I love looking at other guys work.

I did my 1996 GMC using the same products and it brought the paint to a high, glossy shine, then again I always made sure to maintain it since I bought it new so it wasn't hard to correct it, mostly swirls and light scratches.
    I agree with Art, the 105 is some bad ass stuff
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com