autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Bump, How is the durability. Ever see that truck again with all your coatings on it Joe?
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbp7 View Post
    Bump, How is the durability. Ever see that truck again with all your coatings on it Joe?
    Modesta is holding up just fine 9 months later, pics below. I am also seeing 22ple holding up 1 year later on my old Merc. Plenty of washes on both of these. One garage kept the other not. Question is ????? is the Modesta worth the high price. Either the BC-03 or the 5 is a great product that will last and shine like crazy. You can physically tell there is something coating the surface. Same for the 22ple. The 22ple from Esoteric at another site, has a topper of Carnuba specifically supposed to be made for it, which came in a Polish Angel bottle. So that gave me thought and I tried the PA Cosmic on my Last car. It comes in and looks like a paste carnuba, but supposedly its a glass type coating. 2 months in total outside sun, harsher washings and its holding up pretty good. Not the exact coating shine as the others I don't think, but nothing to compare it too at the moment. I travel a lot. Since the Modesta is a silica resin base, I actually like to use their primer under the 22ple product. They work nicely together and increases the gloss.

Infrared lamp is optional on most. I did notice a slight increase in gloss on the front end of this car shown, but not enough to warrant the time that it takes to actually produce that result. Not worth that. Honestly I want to try the Pompanazzi korean product that you cannot get here. Seems like it is great, but trying to work that logistics detail. Will report if done.

Pics below-----

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    Modesta is holding up just fine 9 months later, pics below. I am also seeing 22ple holding up 1 year later on my old Merc. Plenty of washes on both of these. One garage kept the other not. Question is ????? is the Modesta worth the high price. Either the BC-03 or the 5 is a great product that will last and shine like crazy. You can physically tell there is something coating the surface. Same for the 22ple. The 22ple from Esoteric at another site, has a topper of Carnuba specifically supposed to be made for it, which came in a Polish Angel bottle. So that gave me thought and I tried the PA Cosmic on my Last car. It comes in and looks like a paste carnuba, but supposedly its a glass type coating. 2 months in total outside sun, harsher washings and its holding up pretty good. Not the exact coating shine as the others I don't think, but nothing to compare it too at the moment. I travel a lot. Since the Modesta is a silica resin base, I actually like to use their primer under the 22ple product. They work nicely together and increases the gloss.

Infrared lamp is optional on most. I did notice a slight increase in gloss on the front end of this car shown, but not enough to warrant the time that it takes to actually produce that result. Not worth that. Honestly I want to try the Pompanazzi korean product that you cannot get here. Seems like it is great, but trying to work that logistics detail. Will report if done.

Pics below-----

Thank you for all the info, a couple of questions:

-As to PA Cosmic & Esoteric wax, did you mean that the Esoteric is the paste like one or both of them?
    - How do you find the durability of Cosmic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guessless View Post
    Thank you for all the info, a couple of questions:

-As to PA Cosmic & Esoteric wax, did you mean that the Esoteric is the paste like one or both of them?
    - How do you find the durability of Cosmic?
    DI had Esoteric Carnuba Paste wax as a topper for the 22ple glass coatings. It was a product that was supposed to work in tandem with the coating to produce a deeper shine, and had the same chemicals used in making it so it would bond correctly. However it was like 135$, so ALOT. But tried it, due to my love of 22ple, and it came in a PA bottle with an additional label. PA didn't sell it, so I know it was made for Esoteric. Product is not avail anymore.

But that turned me onto the PA site, so thought I would try their glass coating. Surprise, surprise------ the coating is way different, its a silica resin based, but comes in a liquid paste just like their carnubas. Apply it just like a carnuba, then wait 30 mins and take off. They say to use their primer to make it 9h hard, but I didn't. So might make a diff. However it did gloss great, I only used one coat due to time. It was not quite as slick as 22ple, but did have the same hydrophobic effects.

Side note----- 3 months VA heat, kept outside on a black Maserati, washed by hand with appropriate shampoo, and dried with MT. I had it in for service and Washington DC Ferrari Maserati this past week and broke down and said wash it. ITs being sold this week. Well I washed it today, and well------ It beaded, but sheeted off right after. Not normal, leads me to believe that whatever the detail guys used at the dealer stripped it. Not sure, but it acted that way all over, which was not normal. So NO would not use again for those reasons. And yes will never again let a dealer touch it.

For me its going to be back to the Modesta primer and BC05 or the Modesta primer and 22ple over it. A must for wheels for me. Thats almost the best part

Hope this helps your decisions. I have no doubt Opticoats are great and Cq and Gtech are all great products and may try GTechnique but really love the 22ple. Easy to use, goes a long way, you can double the coating and prime it under for great effects. I use it on all CC wood trim panels, door jambs, under hood trunk etc...... wheels inside and out, NOT used it on glass or headlights or plastic. They do have a plastic one, and likely its the same but not done it.

HINT: a 30ml bottle or 20 cannot remember will do 2 cars. But my suggestion is get the 50ml pro and use it for all surfaces. Wheels and interior and you will have some left over. Mine lasted 6 months after using on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Velocitybts View Post
    DI had Esoteric Carnuba Paste wax as a topper for the 22ple glass coatings. It was a product that was supposed to work in tandem with the coating to produce a deeper shine, and had the same chemicals used in making it so it would bond correctly. However it was like 135$, so ALOT. But tried it, due to my love of 22ple, and it came in a PA bottle with an additional label. PA didn't sell it, so I know it was made for Esoteric. Product is not avail anymore.

But that turned me onto the PA site, so thought I would try their glass coating. Surprise, surprise------ the coating is way different, its a silica resin based, but comes in a liquid paste just like their carnubas. Apply it just like a carnuba, then wait 30 mins and take off. They say to use their primer to make it 9h hard, but I didn't. So might make a diff. However it did gloss great, I only used one coat due to time. It was not quite as slick as 22ple, but did have the same hydrophobic effects.

Side note----- 3 months VA heat, kept outside on a black Maserati, washed by hand with appropriate shampoo, and dried with MT. I had it in for service and Washington DC Ferrari Maserati this past week and broke down and said wash it. ITs being sold this week. Well I washed it today, and well------ It beaded, but sheeted off right after. Not normal, leads me to believe that whatever the detail guys used at the dealer stripped it. Not sure, but it acted that way all over, which was not normal. So NO would not use again for those reasons. And yes will never again let a dealer touch it.

For me its going to be back to the Modesta primer and BC05 or the Modesta primer and 22ple over it. A must for wheels for me. Thats almost the best part

Hope this helps your decisions. I have no doubt Opticoats are great and Cq and Gtech are all great products and may try GTechnique but really love the 22ple. Easy to use, goes a long way, you can double the coating and prime it under for great effects. I use it on all CC wood trim panels, door jambs, under hood trunk etc...... wheels inside and out, NOT used it on glass or headlights or plastic. They do have a plastic one, and likely its the same but not done it.

HINT: a 30ml bottle or 20 cannot remember will do 2 cars. But my suggestion is get the 50ml pro and use it for all surfaces. Wheels and interior and you will have some left over. Mine lasted 6 months after using on the shelf.
    Thanks much for all the info,
    Just in case you didn't know PA has a top up called Rapidwax which you'd use every 2-3 months to freshen up the Coating. OH and don't park the Maserati outside if you can.
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Alex Borda from Pure Shine LLC is the US rep for Modesta, you can contact him for any questions you have about Modesta

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    Alex Borda from Pure Shine LLC is the US rep for Modesta, you can contact him for any questions you have about Modesta
    Great guy to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently having my new car coated with Modesta, I'll post the pictures and results as soon as it's done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    It says IR curing is an optional step in the Modesta literature for each of their products (unless it has changed recently?)
    I think BC-06 still had to be IR cured, but I've only used BC-04.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine View Post
    Last Jan. I fully polished a black hood on a Ford Ranger that wore factory paint. I divided the hood into quarters and coated each quarter with a different coating. The four are Modesta, 22PLE, Opti Pro, regular Cquartz (not finest) No instructions where given to the vehicle owner on care or maintenance. There were coatings that were noticeably glossier than the others. 6 months into the test there was no change in appearance. Very light swirls were consistence across each coating. I plan on checking on the panel sometime very soon for gloss and durability.

Ant updates on this? Curious to know the differences between coatings.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast