autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    So again, I have no experience with Modesta, but in general, If I do rinseless washes, I prefer to wash my own car with ONR and I will apply CarPro reload for added protection.

HydrO2 also works great on top of coatings from my experience.

I have never used ONRWW because it just doesn't appeal to me.

Isn't reload a bit expensive for that purpose? Before this after ONR I really like Permanon on my Opti Coat. But still I find it too expensive as a topper. End up I just using OID now, which the slickness and shine is there. Tried CG V7 too, a nice product but just not cost effective even for the gallon, it is not concentrate like the OID to be mixed a few more gallons out of it.

But yea I know, it's totally different feeling of touch and shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSP View Post
    Isn't reload a bit expensive for that purpose? Before this after ONR I really like Permanon on my Opti Coat. But still I find it too expensive as a topper. End up I just using OID now, which the slickness and shine is there. Tried CG V7 too, a nice product but just not cost effective even for the gallon, it is not concentrate like the OID to be mixed a few more gallons out of it.

But yea I know, it's totally different feeling of touch and shine.

It takes very little Reload to cover an entire vehicle. I use it on my own vehicles and customer cars and am still on my first bottle.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is another great product that is cheaper, but provides amazing hydrophobic properties. (Just posted an article on DI AAP blog about this product)

I prefer both of these over V7.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Washed the car for the first time... the foam gun was a bit of a joke... the suds dripped right off in less than a min. When washing the car with a lamps wood mit the soap slid right past the paint and on to the ground faster then i could scrub. don't know if i should be happy about that or not. I need some type of lube when i am washing! Very happy so far. I am having one of our other cars BC-5 coated today.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics please

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
    Washed the car for the first time... the foam gun was a bit of a joke... the suds dripped right off in less than a min. When washing the car with a lamps wood mit the soap slid right past the paint and on to the ground faster then i could scrub. don't know if i should be happy about that or not. I need some type of lube when i am washing! Very happy so far. I am having one of our other cars BC-5 coated today.

I find that I have this problem with my fresh coatings like CQ, CQUK, OC. They are so good at shedding dirt & water that is foam and wash solution doesn't "cling" as well. It is an interesting problem. To solve this I will foam and rinse to get the majority of the dirt off; then do a std 2BW to get all the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I find that I have this problem with my fresh coatings like CQ, CQUK, OC. They are so good at shedding dirt & water that is foam and wash solution doesn't "cling" as well. It is an interesting problem. To solve this I will foam and rinse to get the majority of the dirt off; then do a std 2BW to get all the rest.

It is a problem which has been solved. Most of the wash products which detailers use, whether they try to dress it with fancy words or not, are based on the same technology that has been about for decades. These new coating need a different approach and I'm not sure anyone has grabbed that concept yet, potentially due to the added cost associated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    It is a problem which has been solved. Most of the wash products which detailers use, whether they try to dress it with fancy words or not, are based on the same technology that has been about for decades. These new coating need a different approach and I'm not sure anyone has grabbed that concept yet, potentially due to the added cost associated.

Please explain as I am very interested. Doing a proper wash is very important to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Please explain as I am very interested. Doing a proper wash is very important to me.

The normal wash products are almost all variations on a handful of surfactants and alkaline additives. I have discussed elsewhere about the similarities to other products. The whole lot breaks down the surface tension and lets you wet the soiling to facilitate its removal. With the new coatings, the traditional surfactants are not enough, especially when used at extreme dilutions. If the wash solution clearly beads up on the lsp, it is not up to the job. There are multiple solutions to this but almost always require either much more advanced (expensive) components or much higher concentrations. We have products that work but, so far, there hasn't been interest from the detailing sector. I guess the trouble is that it is a tough sell for a product which fundamentally does the same job as a traditional product. Yes, it does it much better but most people will not realise that there is actually a problem with the old product.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the soap came right off, wouldnt most of the dirt do the same since it wont adhere to the car any more?

Appreciate the updates!

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Jan. I fully polished a black hood on a Ford Ranger that wore factory paint. I divided the hood into quarters and coated each quarter with a different coating. The four are Modesta, 22PLE, Opti Pro, regular Cquartz (not finest) No instructions where given to the vehicle owner on care or maintenance. There were coatings that were noticeably glossier than the others. 6 months into the test there was no change in appearance. Very light swirls were consistence across each coating. I plan on checking on the panel sometime very soon for gloss and durability.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast