autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    Let me chime in. I am the current Modesta installer for the Carolinas. I can tell you that this product is different from others. It is not the easiest to apply, it is recommended to heat cure via IR lamps. I do this to all my coating applications, so doing it for Modesta is not a problem. I have coated three vehicles so far since training and I can say that they all three looked amazing. The first I just did its first maintenance wash on and as other have said, keeping soap and water on it is tough.
    The clients have all been extremely pleased with the amount of gloss and shine out of the Modesta coatings.
    You can actually feel during application the areas that have the coating and those that do not.
    I personally will apply the primer on all of my installs and price that accordingly.
    This is a professional applied coating only, they do not make any coatings for over the counter, personal use.
    The hardness is not advertised, because the company does not feel that is a valid argument toward the coating itself. We all have seen the claims by other companies.
    It is a premium product and the results show. It may not be the best for every client, but not every client wants coatings, that is why we offer variety.

Mercedes CLS63 AMG - Swirled out mess!

Here is a link to the last Modesta coating install that I did last week. This is with BC-04, which is based off the initial formula BC-03.

I will continue to offer this coating to my customers as well as other premium exclusive coatings.
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, was really hoping to hear from Joe as he put 4 coatings on one car to test em out. Its been a year+ since the application so I was hoping to see long term results.

Im contemplating 22ple pro2 and cquartz uk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    Just to clarify any confusion... I know that this thread and a link on my own site gets hit quite a bit on seeking answers about Modesta.
    I was a partner with Alex in the distribution. I haven't been a distributor for about a year now. (has nothing to do with the products)

One thing I've learned over the years is it's not the coating that makes the difference. It's the responsible "After Care" that matters and can make or break any coating. That hasn't changed since the dawn of good detailing. Customers are still responsible for up-keep. Two bucket wash methods are still recommended along with a good understanding of how to care for an LSP. (and which one... wax, sealant, coating etc.)

Hardness will depend on paint type.
    If you have a soft top coat,,, the coating will reject on possible light scratches and marring. Yes. but not invincible.
    If you have an extremely hard top coat,,, you'll get a harder coating and better results. If that makes sense.
    I would say this for just about any coatings on the market. You can't expect that a vehicle will not get damaged. Of course they will and if struck hard enough or maintained poorly... It will be damaged just like anything else.

Modesta Coatings are amazing and unique, no questions asked. (I would have never have gotten involved if not... 4 and half years ago) But so are most all coatings. They all have unique character traits and different water behavior properties. I think it is important to find out what a customer is looking for in "perceived value" and how they plan on caring for the vehicle thru the duration of the treatment first and foremost.

Here is a link to a few modesta cars I've done.
    Modesta | aowheels detail

Giving the cost of the application...Time and effort... I've for the last several months been putting my clients on a lengthy questionnaire if their interest is leaning towards the Modesta Coatings or any coating, to make sure they are able to see the value in the long run and that it doesn't come back around to have my name and service be devalued. Which pretty much means, do you know how to maintain and care for the treatment. (Any coating treatment) some will be different.

I've seen amazing results with DIY coatings and I've seen amazing results with exclusive coatings. And I've seen the complete opposite under bad maintenance to both DIY and exclusive as well.

Its all in the PREP and AFTER CARE for ANY LSP.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910