autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best bulk soap for semi trucks?

My company starts washing semis this weekend. We don't reallt have any capital built up yet so everything is out of our own pockets. We need a bulk soap that can wash at least 50 trucks and be cheap. A place recommened purple power degreaser but I don't think that will be good just as a soap right? Seems like it would be harsh on the paint? Any recommendations? Something that will be at a local walmart/home depot, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best bulk soap for semi trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP View Post
    Something that will be at a local walmart/home depot, etc.
    If you find said product, let me know
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah purple power is a pretty harsh degreaser if I remember. It has been some time since I've used it. I wouldn't wash with it, but that's me

Post Thanks / Like

I always add Zep Purple or Purple Power to soap dilution UNLESS polished aluminum is at risk, or especially if the aluminum is going to be blinged.

T-2

FreightShaker
    VT
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon me but if you can't afford products to detail the 50 trucks than you can't afford to take on such a large task, I mean we're only talking about soap, right?
    A few gallons go CG'S Maxi-Suds should do it, very little cost considering how much profit you'll make.
    Whatever you do don't use Purple Power to wash those trucks, you could end up in court and ordered to foot the bill to repaint the rigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    Whatever you do don't use Purple Power to wash those trucks, you could end up in court and ordered to foot the bill to repaint the rigs.
    Why not?
    What's with the repaint remark?

I have 1477 pictures on my iPhone 3. All Owner Operator vehicles, or company truck driver solicited detail. At least 200 or so are of before/after class 8 vehicles washed with Zep soap and Zep Purple mix, or with Purple Power when I missed the jobber when I went out of town.

I have never had an incident using Purple anything. But I know what it will do to polished aluminum. If the aluminum is not blinged, just a dull grey, then you will have no issue at all.
    VT

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's because I had a bad experience using Purple Power.
    Once I diluted it to clean my engine, I sprayed it and let it dwell some, after I washed it and it was dry all the plastic parts under the hood were damaged.
    We're talking about paint?
    Not the engine of the rigs?

Besides that's not what my point was, my point was if one has a job to detail 50 semi's should just buy the right soap, I mean there's a lot of profit in such a job as the OP has lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Why not?
    What's with the repaint remark?

I
    have 1477 pictures on my iPhone 3. All Owner Operator vehicles, or company truck driver solicited detail. At least 200 or so are of before/after class 8 vehicles washed with Zep soap and Zep Purple mix, or with Purple Power when I missed the jobber when I went out of town.

I have never had an incident using Purple anything. But I know what it will do to polished aluminum. If the aluminum is not blinged, just a dull grey, then you will have no issue at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.
    I've been following the OP's posts for a while now.
    Waiting for his class 8 debut thread.
    Why did you wait til the last minute OP?
    Hope that you don't run into one on your first day that's had a rear seal, tranny, fuel, oil, etc., leak. Gonna really mess up your day.

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post

Besides that's not what my point was, my point was if one has a job to detail 50 semi's should just buy the right soap, I mean there's a lot of profit in such a job as the OP has lined up.
    Last edited by Vegas Transplant; 10-31-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: left out "OP'
    VT

Post Thanks / Like

Why did I wait until the last minute ?
    Simple, I just read it.
    Use what you wish, I'm just giving my 2 cents worth.

The OP was asking about a soap, he too thought using such a degreaser could be too harsh.

Btw. He didn't mention anything about busted seals!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    I agree.
    I've been following the OP's posts for a while now.
    Waiting for his class 8 debut.
    Why did you wait til the last minute?
    Hope that you don't run into one on your first day that's had a rear seal, tranny, fuel, oil, etc., leak. Gonna really mess up your day.

Post Thanks / Like

OP

If you need a cheap but good degreaser go to your local Dollar Tree, there you'll find Totally Awesome APC, I've used it on my clear coated wheels without any problems, best part is it only cost $1.00 per bottle, mix it however you think you need the strength.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP View Post
    My company starts washing semis this weekend. We don't reallt have any capital built up yet so everything is out of our own pockets. We need a bulk soap that can wash at least 50 trucks and be cheap. A place recommened purple power degreaser but I don't think that will be good just as a soap right? Seems like it would be harsh on the paint? Any recommendations? Something that will be at a local walmart/home depot, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast