autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are High End Products Worth The Money?

ART

Collinite 467 is a synthetic with carnauba in it.

typically synthetic sealants have more of a glossy "wet" look to them

whereas carnauba based products have a richness and depth of lustre to them

its very similar to the film industry.

A movie shot on film will have a more life-like quality with a sort of glow and authenticity to the colors..... these are the qualities similar to carnauba.

However a movie shot on digital [or HD TV show] will look overly crisp, with almost too much color packed into the pixels.... these are the qualities often displayed in sealants

Which YOU PREFER, is a subjective preference.... there is no right or wrong answer.. thats why there are so many of these products on the market

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
    ART

Collinite 467 is a synthetic with carnauba in it.

typically synthetic sealants have more of a glossy "wet" look to them

whereas carnauba based products have a richness and depth of lustre to them

its very similar to the film industry.

A movie shot on film will have a more life-like quality with a sort of glow and authenticity to the colors..... these are the qualities similar to carnauba.

However a movie shot on digital [or HD TV show] will look overly crisp, with almost too much color packed into the pixels.... these are the qualities often displayed in sealants

Which YOU PREFER, is a subjective preference.... there is no right or wrong answer.. thats why there are so many of these products on the market
    Thanks for clearing that up Christopher

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be fun to have a blind trial of products where the labels are removed and you get to try each one out and at the end see if your opinions about certain products are justified or not? Scary - I know. Kinda like internet dating. You chat with the girl and like her, then you meet her in person and see what she looks like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tswitz View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun to have a blind trial of products where the labels are removed and you get to try each one out and at the end see if your opinions about certain products are justified or not? Scary - I know. Kinda like internet dating. You chat with the girl and like her, then you meet her in person and see what she looks like!
    This.

There has been a few posts like this on forums as well.

Bottom line...... on a properly prepared car........ really can't tell the difference. What does change is longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's excessive unless you are using it on a rare or very expensive car. When you do use it, you better be charging a lot! I'll go out on a limb and say you should be in the $100- $150 per hour range.

With those kind of prices, expectations are high.

Also, I would think those type of products would actually be less tested and used by detailers than something like D180. . .which is proven.
    Jeremy Wayne

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great thread! I had no idea that there were products like Swissvax. Looking at their website I also had no idea that there was such a product that cost $1,500 - SWISSVAX Crystal Rock - Paul Dalton's state-of-the-art Carnauba-Glaze, 200ml

My thought is that they create such a high priced product not to actually sell - but to give the image of premium status to all their other products and set a reference price - ie you can get access to a $1,500 product for only $200. I personally like the packaging, the branding, the name and the vibe it's communicating to me. When I clean my car with this type of vibe it's saying I'm going to feel good about it.

Definitely ordering the $200 kit to see how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jloha312 View Post
    This is a great thread! I had no idea that there were products like Swissvax. Looking at their website I also had no idea that there was such a product that cost $1,500 - SWISSVAX Crystal Rock - Paul Dalton's state-of-the-art Carnauba-Glaze, 200ml

My thought is that they create such a high priced product not to actually sell - but to give the image of premium status to all their other products and set a reference price - ie you can get access to a $1,500 product for only $200. I personally like the packaging, the branding, the name and the vibe it's communicating to me. When I clean my car with this type of vibe it's saying I'm going to feel good about it.

Definitely ordering the $200 kit to see how it is.
    Which kit are you ordering?

Post Thanks / Like
    The official price of POLISHANGEL GOLDFINGER is CND $53,715. Any takers?

Post Thanks / Like
    CG'S Maxi-Suds for under $25.00 dollars a gallon,I love the soap and does what I want it to do, clean the car and not strip my wax.
    M105, 32 oz for $30.00, I don't find more expensive compounds to work better.
    M205, 32oz for around $27.00. IMO its the best polish on the market.
    CG'S EZ Cream Glaze, I think it's around $15.00 and it my favorite product of them all.
    Griot's Paint Sealant, around $15.00 and it last for me, four months and still beading.
    Meg's NXT., $22.99, great wax.
    Meg's GoldClass Paste Wax, $12.00, great wax for the money.
    CGs VRP for $15.00, another one of my favorite products.

So to answer your question I think one can get great results without spending a fortune.

I can afford the higher end products but see no need to waste money when I'm already getting the results I'm after.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Personally on my own cars I use the products that I feel make the experience better. Lots of factors go into this such as smell, ease of use, packaging, and of course the final product. So I am more interested in the products that have all of those qualities since I wax my car once a month anyway, I do not worry about durability.

Chemical Guys products meet all of my criteria and more. Sure, I hate the marketing and the hype but at the end of the day they smell great and produce a fantastic finish every time while being very easy to use. I am sure there are better products in one of the catagories but for me it is about the experience.

So find out what you like and expect from a product and match that to the product. Price for me comes second, if a product cost $1 or $1,000 it is all about what makes you happy as the consumer/detailer.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast