autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Budget Carpet Extractor

Hi All, been browsing these forums a long time but never posted anything before. I'm finally looking at getting some "real" equipment, with the first on the list being a budget extractor. After reading the forum, I was pretty set on the bissell autocare/little green proheat but it seems bissell has stopped making them and I can't seem to find some anywhere (actually ordered one on ebay, received a message saying they were out of stock), and the replacement (spotclean auto) seems inferior as it only has 3 amps as opposed to the 9 of the lgm proheat . Looking for alternatives I found a few bissell upright cleaners, and was wondering if they would be able to do as good of a job, if not better than the lgm proheat as they offer more power and are only slightly more expensive

Here are the three I'm currently looking at

BISSELL ProHeat® 25A3 | Parts & Reviews | Carpet Shampooer

BISSELL ProHeat® Pet 89104 | Parts & Reviews | Carpet Shampooer

DeepClean Essential Deep Cleaner (8852) | Parts & Reviews | BISSELL Carpet Shampooers

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    ~Focus

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Budget Carpet Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    try looking at the bissel .29 spotclean Lowe's Home Improvement or the bissel spotbot Lowe's Home Improvement
    I did look at those and I am still considering them, but the reason I'm leaning towards the uprights is they are much more powerful and still have the same cleaning attachments. Do you think these would be better?

Post Thanks / Like

Before I bought my Mytee I used the I Bissell pro heat and works great. here are some picks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

get a mytee. they are great and so reliable....(at least all the ones i have used so far) they make life so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Bissell for years since I already had one. Did a perfectly satisfactory job but they are slow.
    To fully extract all the dirty water and soap you have to rinse several times and just keep extracting. And even after I had gone over an area 20 times (or more) it still took a couple of days with a fan blowing on the seat or carpet before it was totally dry.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEONWHITE View Post
    get a mytee. they are great and so reliable....(at least all the ones i have used so far) they make life so much easier.
    I would love to have a mytee lite or any other "professional" extractor, but they are way out of my budget. I was hoping to spend around $150 or less. My main question is, what is the best machine I can get in my price range? I was leaning towards the uprights since they are much more powerful than the portables for not much more $$