autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Vinyl Fender Flares

I am looking for a quality vinyl cleaner and treatment that has some staying power and is not real slippery.

Once again there are tooooo many products available for detailing black plastic fender flares, and rubber parts on trim.
    I have used Armor-all. Wow vinyl treatment, Nuvinyl, and a few others that I have forgotten I have. They all seem to be topical coatings that do not last. I use the Wow product but the stuff is like a grease slick, if you step on my bumper you for sure will be going for a slip and fall situation.

I am so annoyed with the vinyl fender flares on my pickup truck that I may just ripe them off. They honestly are a design flaw as far as I am concerned.
    I tossed a new bumper on my friends Chevy work truck everything looked great except the vinyl top cover.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you in advance for the replies !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Vinyl Fender Flares

sounds like your looking for a dye almost?

Post Thanks / Like

DG271
    Dg531
    UTTG
    Poorboy's Trim restorer

these are a few that could fit the bill.
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone replies that Ultima Tire & Trim Guard works but that's $31-$32.

I used 2-3oz. of Klasse Sealant Glaze in Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax sprayed on an applicator pad and wiped my whole truck down. The vinyl fender flares on my truck look great for a 3.5 year old truck. It hasn't streaked or run off. This was also done about 3-4 weeks ago.

The UQW/KSG method works. At least on my silver vehicle w/ black trim. I hope this helps. It's going to be inconvenient to order stuff anyway, but I say get a bottle of KSG, then just buy a new bottle of UQW every couple months or so, and top it off at each purchase.

edit: I'll post a picture.

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, I've tried this same method, but at a 50/50 w/ Chem Guys Luber and KSG. What a PITA. Luber is too "wet" if you know what I mean. Streaks, etc. Dust magnet as well. Luber works awesome for claying tho.

PS. Stay away from water based products. The product needs to bond to the surface. If water is the carrier I guess that's a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    On a side note, I've tried this same method, but at a 50/50 w/ Chem Guys Luber and KSG. What a PITA. Luber is too "wet" if you know what I mean. Streaks, etc. Dust magnet as well. Luber works awesome for claying tho.

PS. Stay away from water based products. The product needs to bond to the surface. If water is the carrier I guess that's a different story.

i love luber but hate the color i used to not wear gloves, used luber once hand was blue had to wear gloves ill never buy it again onr is the only way to go

Post Thanks / Like

As far as a dressing goes, I've had good luck with Meguiars Ultimate Black. It has good durability, doesn't attract dust, and is not greasy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    Everyone replies that Ultima Tire & Trim Guard works but that's $31-$32.

I used 2-3oz. of Klasse Sealant Glaze in Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax sprayed on an applicator pad and wiped my whole truck down. The vinyl fender flares on my truck look great for a 3.5 year old truck. It hasn't streaked or run off. This was also done about 3-4 weeks ago.

The UQW/KSG method works. At least on my silver vehicle w/ black trim. I hope this helps. It's going to be inconvenient to order stuff anyway, but I say get a bottle of KSG, then just buy a new bottle of UQW every couple months or so, and top it off at each purchase.

edit: I'll post a picture.
    In bulk:

Meguiar's D156 $32
    Klasses KSG $25
    Spray bottle $5
    Mix 20-25% KSG into 75-80% Meguiar's D156/UQW
    ...and you'll still be spraying this stuff into 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you post some pics?
    I've had good success with duragloss 301 for vinyl. Just don't apply too thick or it will run. It's super durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big boys toys View Post
    I am looking for a quality vinyl cleaner and treatment that has some staying power and is not real slippery.

Once again there are tooooo many products available for detailing black plastic fender flares, and rubber parts on trim.
    I have used Armor-all. Wow vinyl treatment, Nuvinyl, and a few others that I have forgotten I have. They all seem to be topical coatings that do not last. I use the Wow product but the stuff is like a grease slick, if you step on my bumper you for sure will be going for a slip and fall situation.

I am so annoyed with the vinyl fender flares on my pickup truck that I may just ripe them off. They honestly are a design flaw as far as I am concerned.
    I tossed a new bumper on my friends Chevy work truck everything looked great except the vinyl top cover.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you in advance for the replies !
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post945415

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast