autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot water Extractor?

I am looking to purchase the last main thing that I need in order to have all the equipment to fully mobile.

I currently am using a steamer with towel to get out tough stains on the interiors of clients and it works great.

I was wondering if it would be better to get a hot water extractor or to get just an extractor to use in combination with my steamer.

What do you fellow geeks think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hot water Extractor?

I just bought "BISSELL - Spot Clean Handheld Deep Cleaner" (model 5207) at Best Buy for $90. It doesn't heat the water, but it "keeps it hot" or something...I use it only to extract with only hot water in the clean side.

People will recommend the Little Green as well, and it's pretty much the same exact thing - except it doesn't have the heatwave technology (or the deep clean brush). It's the same price ($90) at WalMart, but you get less.

If you can find a ProHeat model then get that, doesn't matter if it's pet or Little Green or whatever. Seems they stopped making them, at least for the moment.

I use the steamer and folex on the upholstery/carpet, and then use the extractor just to remove the cleaner and to flush with hot water.

These are suggestions for if you're on a budget and just starting out. If you're going to be doing production detailing or high volume, then you may want to look into professional solutions such as the Mytee.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I m not so much on a tight budget, but trying to figure out where my money will the most worth while at the moment.

I don't know if I should invest in something else like a waterless system or in different pads and compounds and other chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

aztec for mobile

aztec is by far NOT the best in performance.. but for mobile guys the size is perfect

Post Thanks / Like

My green machine will hear water extremely hot. I burn my hand on with frequently. For a weekend detailer it works really well!