autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can ONR at QD strength be used to clean off dirt spots from driving in the rain?

Sorry for the long title but it is a pretty simple question.

I have a new white car and I get crazy when I can see all the dirt on it, particularly after a rain.

I have ONR diluted at QD strength. I was going to douse a microfiber in it, spray a bunch on the dirt, then make passes turning the cloth a lot.

I just washed the car on Monday and didn't want to wash the whole thing again, and I also don't feel like doing a full ONR wash. So is this method safe or should I deal with it till friday or saturday when I'll feel like washing again?

This info will be helpful to me as I'll undoubtedly be in this predicament again....

Thanks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably safer just to do a regular ONR wash.

If you want to do the cloths you might be better off using a waterless wash like OptiClean. It has extra polymers to compensate for the reduced amount of water.

Also to remember to use more than one towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can ONR at QD strength be used to clean off dirt spots from driving in the rain?

I agree, just do a regular ONR wash.

If you really want to just "spray & wipe", a WW would be safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can ONR at QD strength be used to clean off dirt spots from driving in the rain?

Crap I thought that ONR is a waterless wash....

So I guess I was a little unclear on what that term means. The only waterless wash I can get around here without ordering through the mail is Meguiar's version.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest if the dirt is very light then you would probably be ok with ONR. For anything heavier than light dirt I would wash with ONR in the traditional manner

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson View Post
    I would suggest if the dirt is very light then you would probably be ok with ONR. For anything heavier than light dirt I would wash with ONR in the traditional manner
    You're probably ok.

Just make sure to use several MF towels,to avoid dragging dirt on your paint and to mist the MF towels to make sure you're well lubricated

Post Thanks / Like

You could also mix up another bottle of ONR at a bit higher concentration than a QD and you should be just fine. I use it in my emergency kit to clean up bird bombs with no problems. Just make sure not to drag a dirty mf towel over you paint and use a lot of solution.

Post Thanks / Like

What would you consider higher concentration for this purpose? QD strenght is already 4 times more concentrated than the wash strenght. So would you go 8 times? That would be 4 ounces of product per gallon if I remember correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

6 oz per gallon is the QD strength. I currently use 8 oz per gallon as a bird bomb spray in my car's emergency kit. I have soft paint and use long-nap microfiber towels for this purpose with no ill effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jlax2485 View Post
    6 oz per gallon is the QD strength. I currently use 8 oz per gallon as a bird bomb spray in my car's emergency kit. I have soft paint and use long-nap microfiber towels for this purpose with no ill effects.
    Why not just use a waterless wash? Pinnacle WW is 4oz per gallon and island to be used that way. UWW+ is about 3.5 oz per gallon. You waisting a lot of ONR @ 8oz a gallon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast