autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HD Nitro Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Nitro Seal

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    There are hundreds pictures like this, my point is that pictures are good for giving you an idea of what is possible. Many variables as to Photoshop, lighting, camera, and camera features like HDR ect.

The devil is in the details; in the paint correction world the biggest detail is the prep work prior to LSP.

If the prep work is done correctly, any and all "quality waxes, sealants, and coatings" will give you jaw dropping gloss, shine, and clarity. No one will be able to distinguish brand "x" or brand "z" in a blind test.
    I've seen pictures of that candy apple red Camaro elsewhere on this forum. It has stunning results as well!

I totally agree with your comments regarding the prep work. And I appreciate and concur as well with your comments regarding pictures as well. The real test is to see it with your own eyes.

But if all LSP's are equal, then Dad's can of Simoniz or Turtle Wax should be as good as HD's Poxy, right? Point being, IMO there are differences - however subtle some may be - between products such as depth of gloss, etc. I also believe that some OEM paints are better than others and can be better for showing off stunning results. And not being a chemist and understanding why that is, the determinating factor for most of us is the eye test.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Please view this post from a forum member using Opticoat. I scroll a lot on my mouse, but the 4th picture of the blue Audi made me do a double and triple take.

Opti Coat Details

There are hundreds pictures like this, my point is that pictures are good for giving you an idea of what is possible. Many variables as to Photoshop, lighting, camera, and camera features like HDR ect.

The devil is in the details; in the paint correction world the biggest detail is the prep work prior to LSP.

If the prep work is done correctly, any and all "quality waxes, sealants, and coatings" will give you jaw dropping gloss, shine, and clarity. No one will be able to distinguish brand "x" or brand "z" in a blind test.
    In this photo the car looks dripping wet (especially for a lighter color) and no coatings were used on it. Just a very thorough paint correction using all Poorboy's World products. This was actually done at Poorboy's World Detailing Weekend then driven back to PA where this photo was taken. It's all in the prep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tswitz View Post
    Anyone have significant experience with this product or HD Car Care Products in general? I have seen some pictures on the internet of cars finished with this sealant and to me it is noticeably better than anything else I've seen. The paint truly looks dripping wet!

Thanks!
    Since its a product line Autogeek does not currently offer, you might not find the answers and pictures you desire. Many products like Opticoat, Carpro, Ultima, Blackfire, Wolfgang and Four Star (many others too) can really protect well prepped paint and appear wet and glossy.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to Autotopia to the forums tab, 3D HD has a whole area. I am a Fan. I have UNO and Speed. If its hot where your at,, these are for you man! Long work times,, and btw DO NOT PRIME PAD. use aobut 8 pea sized drops and start. LESS IS MORE. Check your PM's ill drop you a note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Since its a product line Autogeek does not currently offer, you might not find the answers and pictures you desire. Many products like Opticoat, Carpro, Ultima, Blackfire, Wolfgang and Four Star (many others too) can really protect well prepped paint and appear wet and glossy.
    So am I to understand that this forum is only open to products offered by AG or is it an open forum?

Thanks,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

So am I to understand that this forum is only open to products offered by AG or is it an open forum?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I think it's just supposed to be only products they sell. I've seen people talk about other products maybe there is a certain level of talk only allowed. At least they sell almost every brand out there lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post

Thanks,
    Tom

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk about whatever you want.

AutoGeek can't carry everything.

They don't carry FastGlass Towels or Wheel Masking Covers either.

You will however, find the best available products that are easy to use and great advice in the Forum. I have learned a lot here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,
    Tom
    From the forum rules (to which there is a link at the bottom left of every forum page):

Autogeek.net is a private closed forum, for the discussion of products that are vendors of Autogeek.net only. This is a private forum and open links to other companies that are not associated with Autogeek.net will be deleted and will result in a permanent ban. No commercial, personal, or any other type of sale that is not associated with Autogeek.net is permitted. Moderators have the right to edit any posts that contain links or other information pertaining to competing companies that are not associated with Autogeek.net.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    From the forum rules (to which there is a link at the bottom left of every forum page):
    Fair enough. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast