autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's suggested to just use a strong jet of water, not high pressure water like in a pressure washer. You want as much water to react with hydro2 as possible from what I understand. Using a pressure washer isn't using as much water as you would using water straight out of a hose with a strong jet of water. Try that. If that doesn't work I have no clue. Just speaking off what I heard when reading about this product because I'm really interested in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good advice about Hydro2! Props! Apply per my tips and there is no issue. I work with pros that use it daily with no issue. The hose with nozzle is best method as well.

Reload: I have heard the streaking comment before but every person I have shared my tips with now says its super easy and doesn't streak. Spray, spread immediately, buff off immediately. It streaks no more than any other spray product. The only difference is its very durable so you have to wipe it off before it cures. You can't come back later and check for streaks. Check as you go section by section.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Hydro2 vs Permanon Platinum

It probably isn't a reaction with hydro2 and water, it is just a removal of the residue. You can do a contact wash after use rather than rinsing and that removes it (or my tests showed as such). As soon as it starts drying out you have the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like the streaking problem is due to not removing the residue properly.

If you are rinsing it immediately, how long are you rinsing it..?...if you are just doing s quick rinse like you would rinse off after a conventional wash, you will have problems.

The clue to your problem, you revealed yourself by saying the streaking is noticeable around areas that are hard to get a good shot of water at in or near nooks and crannies. That's your clue.

You have to really freakin rinse "hard " as in lots of water at high speed and you keep rinsing it until you see the paint transform into a sheeting monster.

If you are just rinsing too quickly with a fast hand motion you are not removing the residue properly.

You'd be better off taking the product off by hand as in hand rinsing with contact as another person suggested.

The trick is getting the residue OFF.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you learn to apply, the durability blows away Permanon. Keys are cool surface, low light and less than 30 seconds between app and thorough rinse. Hydro 2 outperforms Permanon in all aspects except ease of application. ReLoad is the clear cost per app King!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the look of Hydro 2 vs Reload? I use Reload on top of the kids Opt 2.0 cars and on/off is easy and looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    It sounds like the streaking problem is due to not removing the residue properly.

If you are rinsing it immediately, how long are you rinsing it..?...if you are just doing s quick rinse like you would rinse off after a conventional wash, you will have problems.

The clue to your problem, you revealed yourself by saying the streaking is noticeable around areas that are hard to get a good shot of water at in or near nooks and crannies. That's your clue.

You have to really freakin rinse "hard " as in lots of water at high speed and you keep rinsing it until you see the paint transform into a sheeting monster.

If you are just rinsing too quickly with a fast hand motion you are not removing the residue properly.

You'd be better off taking the product off by hand as in hand rinsing with contact as another person suggested.

The trick is getting the residue OFF.

I really appreciate all the information. I have tried every method mentioned so far. Here's why Hydro2 falls behind Permanon in my application. I use a CR Spotless system connected to my pressure washer which is required because you need to restrict the flow of water moving though the resin. This is my go to method every time i wash a car. Disconnecting everything to use a typical hose and nozzle is just wasted time at the end IMO and not being able to use my CR system as final rinse is not acceptable to me.

I have used a typical hose with a Bon-Aire nozzle (awesome btw) but still had some spotting issues. The problem cars I have seen it on are actually my own and are all Audi's. Audi makes the WORST cars for trapping water. I have had water come rushing out of door sills after 30 minutes of drying the vehicle with a Metro Vac Master Blaster. They're like the freakin camels of the car industry!

I did not have this problem on a white Mercedes SUV I detailed, but white can hide some sins. Hydro2 is a good product but does have these drawbacks that people who have never used it should know about. Hydro2 would win IMO if it didn't have this residue issue, but it does in my instances. Having to flood a car completely or else is a negative any way you look at it.

However you guys have me curious again, so I think I'll take your suggestions and try try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Once you learn to apply, the durability blows away Permanon. Keys are cool surface, low light and less than 30 seconds between app and thorough rinse. Hydro 2 outperforms Permanon in all aspects except ease of application. ReLoad is the clear cost per app King!
    I do not agree or disagree with your position since I've not given Permanon a true durability test. Permanon outperforms Hydro2 and any other product by a long shot in another aspect and that is repelling dust. I am actually amazed at its ability to do so.

I only detail my own cars as well as close friends and family. It's not my profession so I generally do not care about cost per app. I look for the best products with ease of use. I think due to its cost is why Permanon doesn't get a lot of love, but it is a good product that people should know about.

If there is one Permanon product worth everyone's attention it would be the glass cleaner. I've tried every glass cleaner there is and always hated cleaning glass no matter what. Sprayway is decent but no where near as good as Permanon. It is the only cleaner I have used that does not streak and cleans everything. I've never fought for a product before, but this one doesn't get the credit it deserves. I hope I don't sound like a shill.
    We are the music makers....and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, a product must have these two primary credentials to be on my A-list.

1) so easy a caveman could use it

2) consistently excellent results every time in any condition on any paint.

I literally can say I have only a handful of products that can actually qualify for me.

Many products are excellent but without their issues. These new coatings and spray-on sealants would not not make my list and that's why I may try them, but end up shelving them more often than not and going back to my A-list.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

As some guys said here , the trick is quickly rinse off,
    on dark color car i would suggest even more dilution with water 1:6 ( 1 hydro2: 6 water) , dilution will degrade the fast reaction but still will work fine.
    another point, no need to spray too much and too close to the surface , few squirts on the panel is enough.
    if you see any streak after rinsing , just spray again the hydro2 solution and wipe off with wet sponge or MF
    this will remove the streaks while its fresh.
    remember not to work on hot surface and under the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ great advice! Thank you sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast