autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper alternative to Blackfire Wet Diamond?

I have been using Blackfire Wet Diamond on my customer cars for details and wash/waxes. I love how easy it is to apply and remove and the slick feeling it leaves behind, as well as the protection. I am looking for something that may be a little cheaper and give me the same attributes. I have used 4* UPP in the past and loved it, but it has been a while and I dont remember if it was as good or not. It is a bit cheaper as well.

Could I even use something like Duragloss 105? I wouldn't mind the cleaning attributes it offers especially if it is as easy to use as the above two sealants. It seems like DG105 might be a winner if it does have the ease of use (especially in the direct sun).

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheaper alternative to Blackfire Wet Diamond?

I used BFWD prior to using Menzerna Power Lock. Power Lock is a third cheaper than BFWD. They apply and buff off the same and seem to have the same durability. I will try Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax next. I hear that's also comparable with better durability and its even cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Four Star UPP is a hidden gem .... nothing easier and looks great. For professional detailing I would think an AIO wax would be preferred as you get some cleaning and polishing benefits however.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

4*UPP is the stuff. Super easy to use and one of, if not the most Nuba looking sealant I have ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    DG 105 is a good choice. I stopped using BFWD because of the curing time. But with DG 105/601 there is no wait which is why I stick to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's:
    -Ultimate Wax
    -21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0

Klasse: High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Finish Kare:
    -218 Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner
    -Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax

3M:
    -Perfect-It Show Car Liquid Wax
    -Performance Finish

Liquid Glass Auto Polish

Poorboy's World: EX-P Pure Sealant

DP: Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

Rejex

Just to name a few...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I think i am looking at either 4*UPP or DG105. I know the ease of use is there with 4*, but what about DG105? Is it as simple as applying it to the whole car, letting it cure, and then wiping off with one pass like BFWD? If so, the cleaning will really help in making the cars looks better!!

I have used many of the products that FUNX725 mentioned, but I do not feel they all have the ease of use of BFWD or 4*UPP. EXP was finicky when i used a sample of it, Klasse didn't seem to spread as well and if i remember, dusted a bit. M21 didn't have nearly the durability of either, and Poli-coat really did not spread as easily and I found myself using more product when it really wasn't necessary, or really slowing my routine down to get even, thorough coverage.

I don't mind spending the money on a product that works well and makes my day go quickly, which is why I use BFWD. I am looking to replace it with a slightly more economical version that doesn't give up much in performance.

Heck, I use Fuzion on many of my details just for its great looks and ease of use. It surely cuts into my bottom line, but the time it saves and the results I can achieve with it make up for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang makes some really easy to use products, but like blackfire its kinda pricy..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post
    I don't mind spending the money on a product that works well and makes my day go quickly,
    OK...If I'd known this, I would've said:
    "Go with WGDGPS...It's: The Snitzlepop"!!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post
    I think i am looking at either 4*UPP or DG105. I know the ease of use is there with 4*, but what about DG105? Is it as simple as applying it to the whole car, letting it cure, and then wiping off with one pass like BFWD? If so, the cleaning will really help in making the cars looks better!!

I have used many of the products that FUNX725 mentioned, but I do not feel they all have the ease of use of BFWD or 4*UPP. EXP was finicky when i used a sample of it, Klasse didn't seem to spread as well and if i remember, dusted a bit. M21 didn't have nearly the durability of either, and Poli-coat really did not spread as easily and I found myself using more product when it really wasn't necessary, or really slowing my routine down to get even, thorough coverage.

I don't mind spending the money on a product that works well and makes my day go quickly, which is why I use BFWD. I am looking to replace it with a slightly more economical version that doesn't give up much in performance.

Heck, I use Fuzion on many of my details just for its great looks and ease of use. It surely cuts into my bottom line, but the time it saves and the results I can achieve with it make up for that!
    Have you tried any of the duragloss sealants? You can apply them in the sun and they still wipe of easily. Just stick with DG and you will be happy, so will your wallet. Blackfire is way overpriced..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast