autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Natty's red is staining white car... help please.

Welp figured I would try some new products.. normally I stick with Pinnacle stuff and have always liked the results.

This time I went the normal route. Wash car, clay bar, wash car, polish with XMT Light swirl removal. New Step was using Klasse as the sealant and then waiting a day and using Natty's Red for the last step. Everyone said they liked Natty's red a lot and lots use it on white cars.

Put it on, majority of the car is nice and thin white hazy... let it dry, and start buffing it out. All seems well until I get to angles on the body (subaru STI 05') and it appears that there is red... start buffing more with microfiber bonnets and nothing.. still red...

Then I start to take a step back and notice that the entire car has what appears to be a red tint on it.

I'm pissed to say the least at this moment and actually had to take a step away and post this because I'm fuming over the amount of time I put in so far only to have to start over I think.

I tried cleaner wax and that doesn't remove the red tint... I am using the XMT ultra fine swirl removal with a white CCS pad on my PC 7424 and it does appear to be taking the red tint of slowly....

See pad:

You can see the red on the pad itself:

So right now what do I do? Is there a way to completely strip EVERYTHING including the sealant off the car? Wash it with Dawn? Simple Green..etc??

I don't understand either because the car hasn't been neglected nor re-painted in any way. Not sure why the natty's red is doing this.. I should have gone with something else but I wanted to try something new and this go figure is what happens.

Do I have to polish the hole damn car again just to remove everything? I've never been in a position where I needed to remove everything and start scratch... I highly doubt claying again would take this off...

Open to any and all suggestions on how to resolve this.

Thanks,
    -Nigel

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natty's red is staining white car... help please.

Too funny. I have only used the regular Natty's and was surprised how much I liked it. Have you tried calling Poorboy Steve? He or Pockets should be able to give you some help on the phone. 1-845-245-9700

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

try an IPA wipe down. I bet that will remove it off the paint surface.

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for IPA wipe down
    Zapa's Detailing- In purist of perfection
    https://www.facebook.com/ZapasDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about this staining...Never heard of it before with a Natty's Wax...

Not even the "Blue-one":
    "Made for dark coloured cars to give an extra boost in depth and shine,
    Poorboys World Natty's Blue Paste wax is a slightly different formulation from the regular Natty's".

You may just have to keep on performing your polishing-efforts...
    Unless the guys from Poorboys steer you otherwise, that is.

Natty's Red, White and Blue:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

It's staining because its dyed red, I have been playing around with colour charging waxes and this is part of it

for your sake, if you do not like this type of effect I would stay away from any colored waxes, especially heavily tinted, for example blue velvet and purple haze by dodo juice (quality waxes)

Your safe bet will be waxes like light fantastic, signature series II, petes 53, cg 50/50 etc
    but there are many colored waxes that do not stain, for example my wax does not stain, fuzion will not stain

the heavier you put these colored waxes on the more potential for more color transfer left behind, if you layer colored waxes this effect will increase with each layer

I have been testing this in house on a painted panel and I clean it up with v36 every time, but I imagine v38 may clean it up as well or sf4500

IPA probably won't work, does not work for the colour testing I have done, the dye is infused into the wax thus if the wax bonds to the paint the dye has bonded to the paint, its possible you can strip the protection off while still leaving some dye there as well

light polishing is my vote

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Chris at Poorboys and he said this has happened like 4-5 times. Only with Subaru and Honda's that were white... something along the lines of depending on how the car was painted the tint seems to get absorbed. He said no worries as this will come out, he is sending me a polish to remove the red tint... then I guess I will start again using their natty's white...

I guess I can use the natty's red on my red motorcycle which should in theory probably last an entire lifetime..lol

I've always used Signature Series II before honestly on this car and loved the results but wanted to try something different and everyone raved about it... go figure!..lol

I'm not freaking out as much but just bummed at all the time I put in only to strip it all and start over again...

Will update once I get the polish and start working on it again.

The funny part is only certain areas are tinted red. Something that I thought would be prevelant like the roof is perfectly fine, Side doors are red tinted, truck in fine... looks AMAZING on all the carbon fiber I have, really pulls out the weave of it and looks like it's wet.. but other parts like sharp angles it seems to just absorb...

Thanks,
    -Nigel

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it sorted out (sort of).

Quote Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy View Post
    I guess I can use the natty's red on my red motorcycle which should in theory probably last an entire lifetime..lol
    If you don't already have a lifetime supply of wax...you're still a newb! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Just tell people that your car is sunburned. Then show them the tan lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to update.

So I used the Poorboys pro Polish that Chris sent me. Did the trick. Pad was red afterwards...lol But at least the car isn't. I used natty's white on the STi and it came out looking awesome. Looks like the natty's red is going to be exclusively with the red 675..lol

Overall the car looks awesome. Paint looks like a mirror and feels like glass. Learning mistake not to use tinted stuff on white any more...ahhaha

:-)

-Nigel