autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which coating has the most durability?????

I want to get opinions on this topic because of the fact I am going to do a complete correction on my vehicle and want to protect it with the best of the best. I am leaning towards gtechniq c1 followed by exo. My first choice was opti coat, but I have heard some negative feedback on many horizontal body panels failing.i simply want opinions and potentially positive feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which coating has the most durability?????

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    I want to get opinions on this topic because of the fact I am going to do a complete correction on my vehicle and want to protect it with the best of the best. I am leaning towards gtechniq c1 followed by exo. My first choice was opti coat, but I have heard some negative feedback on many horizontal body panels failing.i simply want opinions and potentially positive feedback
    All nano coatings require a super clean surface to bond to. Most failures are from poor prep work. IMO C1 is a little harder to apply than OC. Plus with the cost of C1 and EXO, you have a pretty pricey system.

Post Thanks / Like

What leads you to believe that the properties of the 2 are additive or complementary (as opposed to the combination is less durable than either one individually, or only the last one matters)? Does the manufacturer claim this layering is beneficial? Just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    What leads you to believe that the properties of the 2 are additive or complementary (as opposed to the combination is less durable than either one individually, or only the last one matters)? Does the manufacturer claim this layering is beneficial? Just wondering.
    They claim beneficial look and water beading. There has been a few people saying there have been issues with C1 not curing right (spotting).

If it was me I would go with OptiCoat if you want it to be "permanent" and C Quatz UK if you plan on changing it up anytime in the future.

I hav been impressed with every CarPro product I've tried. I also like they have a dedicated prep product (Eraser) to prep with. Why Optimum hasn't come out with one is anyone's guess. Maybe 'cause if they did and the coating failed it wouldn't be so easy to blame it on the prep.

Or, you could be gutsy and try the coating from Nano Skin that's $170. Someone has to try it eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all

Post Thanks / Like

22PLE is by far my #1 seller. Easy to apply, killer results, killer durability.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you give Todd Cooperider a call and see what kind of deal he will give to a fellow Ohioan on some 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating.
    And...Don't forget to ask him for some of his: Esoteric Signature Wax as a "topper"...for when the 22ple coating has fully cured in 4-5 days.

^^^That^^^...

Or go with Opti-Gard Pro!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

If durability is the key, surely OC is the only answer from the present detailing brands? It is a lifetime coating compared to everything else which is a year or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lifetime product? I'd like to see the proof of that. Unless this product was developed 50 years ago (yes there are many cars at least that old running around), its a chemical "assumption" at best.

What is lifetime? 2 years, 5 years? 15 years?

Come on man....
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast