autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using ONR w/ wax leaving scratches

I just watched the Garry Dean method. Maybe my microfibers are dirty...but I do not think it was. I clean them in the washing machine and dry them like all my clothes.

I am basically just wondering if I can rinse the car before performing the no rinse method..just to ensure I get as much debris off as possible. I will be rinsing with hard water..wish I had clean water.

So revised method would be:
    1. Rinse car
    2. spray ONR
    3. wipe with microfiber in ONR solution
    4. Dry

And of course it would be panel by panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
    I just watched the Garry Dean method. Maybe my microfibers are dirty...but I do not think it was. I clean them in the washing machine and dry them like all my clothes.

I am basically just wondering if I can rinse the car before performing the no rinse method..just to ensure I get as much debris off as possible. I will be rinsing with hard water..wish I had clean water.

So revised method would be:
    1. Rinse car
    2. spray ONR
    3. wipe with microfiber in ONR solution
    4. Dry

And of course it would be panel by panel.
    If you already start with rinsing the car, why can't you rinse it again after washing it?

In your case, I would definitely check to make sure you wash and dry media/towels/mitts are clean, doesn't have lint or hair stuck to them, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be your sheepskin mitt

Post Thanks / Like

ONRWW will NOT cause scratches,dirt and/or debris WILL cause scratches.
    So will some MF's on soft paint.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
    /
    Are you air drying your microfibers or putting them in the dryer? Sometimes drying microfibers with heat will cause them to lose their effectiveness and cause scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gen9Rolla View Post
    /
    Are you air drying your microfibers or putting them in the dryer? Sometimes drying microfibers with heat will cause them to lose their effectiveness and cause scratches.
    Really.. I dry my towels with heat once a week. Some are a year old and act and look brand new....so dunno
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    You say you dry them like your other clothes, do you use fabric softener?

Don't

Post Thanks / Like
    You can pressure wash the car or hose rinse the car before doing a rinseless wash. I do it all the time as a quick way to remove most of the dirt prior to working.

The issue you will have to deal with is the car will be wet with "hard" water while you are working and if it dried it may cause water spots if you are working outside.

There are a few ways around it. One is to use a DI water system like a CR Spotless, that's what I do. Another is to work inside or in a shelter. Another is to work at dawn or dusk when there is no sun.

You should not have to (or want to) rinse a car after a rinseless wash. The panel should be clean when you go to dry it. If you getting scratches something is not right. There area my wash procedures / techniques you can use, all of which will be "safe" if done correctly using high quality products and good technique.

I don't think you should have to polish out a car in a matter or months from wash induced marring. If so, something is not right in how you are washing it. You may get the occasional light mark here or there, which may or may not be avoidable. But if the whole car has fine scratches or swirls in a matter or a few months or a few washes, something is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You can pressure wash the car or hose rinse the car before doing a rinseless wash. I do it all the time as a quick way to remove most of the dirt prior to working.

The issue you will have to deal with is the car will be wet with "hard" water while you are working and if it dried it may cause water spots if you are working outside.

There are a few ways around it. One is to use a DI water system like a CR Spotless, that's what I do. Another is to work inside or in a shelter. Another is to work at dawn or dusk when there is no sun.

You should not have to (or want to) rinse a car after a rinseless wash. The panel should be clean when you go to dry it. If you getting scratches something is not right. There area my wash procedures / techniques you can use, all of which will be "safe" if done correctly using high quality products and good technique.

I don't think you should have to polish out a car in a matter or months from wash induced marring. If so, something is not right in how you are washing it. You may get the occasional light mark here or there, which may or may not be avoidable. But if the whole car has fine scratches or swirls in a matter or a few months or a few washes, something is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah that's what I am thinking. But the humidity in Florida is so high that even without the sun the water dries really fast. And I guess I need to start using dryer sheets on the MF towels. Time to get all new ones. This car detailing sure is a money pit lol.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

never use dryer sheets with MF towels. they will basically be useless drying to soak up water. it will just push it around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12