autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Firebird - Opinion on my application

First off, I'm looking to get a steamer obviously.

My impressions is that steamer would be great for cleaning window tracks, counters, stoves, ovens, and bathrooms.

Is it not safe to say that a good steamer would easily cut through the "grime" you would see in these places?

I also want to use it in automotive applications. Cleaning interior things such as spilled/dry soda in cup holders (how does it do with this type of application)?

I also would like to use it to clean actual engine parts (not the engine bay). I work a lot on my personal vehicle and a good cleaner to help get those parts back to good condition would be great. For example the block, motor mounts, intake, etc etc....

Can someone tell me if this is not realistic or a good option? I have found the mytee the best steamer (so far) at its relative price range. The next one that seemed to have kept coming up was the vx5000.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Firebird - Opinion on my application

The main benefits of steam are:

1) Heat - which kills bacteria, mold, mildew (and other nasty stuff which help create smells) and basically melts (liquify) the greasy grimmy stuff so you can then scrub it with your micros
    2) Minimally invasive - What I mean is that you are introducing a minimal water (superheated water) which helps cut down on drying time and prevent oversaturation of the material you are working on

The disadvantage is that you are not delivering a lot of PSI and won't really "drive" the cleaning power into the nooks and cranny as much as a Tornador and do not really deliver a solution of product to assist in tough grim which may need the added cleaning power of an APC

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I too felt the Mytee might be the best steamer for th buck but decided against it because of limited accessories.

I have a Tornador Black and think it's pretty good. Was planning on combining it with steam but now think an extractor PLUS steam is the way to go.

Maybe a Mytee-Lite 8070 for hot water extraction and then get an inexpensive steamer similar to the Wagner. I found a model with a lot of brush accessories. Search Steam Fast model SF-275.

IMO if I were to step up to a professional steamer like the VX5000 I'd just spend a alttle more for a contineous fill model and some accessories that would allow it to clean floors in my house. Do a search on The Commercial 4000 S Vapor Cleaner for $995 and it seems to fit this bill.

I think each tool has pros and cons and excell in different areas.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

As many here know, I use the Firebird and got it when there were not many reviews on it. I can tell you it will do everything you want it to then more! Check my FB and website. Steam is my most used tool with interiors and it makes engine detailing fun. Many uses for exterior as well. Wheels, jambs, wheel well s + APC = Fast. The possibilities are endless and its a quality name & quality product. I use mine daily. Great tool. Only thing I wish is that I would have bought it sooner.

The only real downside is no triangle attachment, which I'm sure there will be one in production stages soon if not already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T3 AutoDetails View Post
    As many here know, I use the Firebird and got it when there were not many reviews on it. I can tell you it will do everything you want it to then more! Check my FB and website. Steam is my most used tool with interiors and it makes engine detailing fun. Many uses for exterior as well. Wheels, jambs, wheel well s + APC = Fast. The possibilities are endless and its a quality name & quality product. I use mine daily. Great tool. Only thing I wish is that I would have bought it sooner.

The only real downside is no triangle attachment, which I'm sure there will be one in production stages soon if not already.
    This is exactly what I was going to write. I use mine daily too and I couldn't be happier. Bite the bullet and buy it; you won't be disappointed!
    Brandon Gardner
    President
    Superior Auto Detailing, LLC.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is an example of something I would like to clean with the mytee. a pressure washer isn't to applicable in such an application.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psd879ca6b.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by live4soccer7 View Post
    Here is an example of something I would like to clean with the mytee. a pressure washer isn't to applicable in such an application.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psd879ca6b.jpg
    The engine is on a stand!! and the exhaust port are wide open. I say a couple of cans of engine degreaser and carb cleaner, and some shop rags (or Blue shop towels), and Bob's your uncle. I've built a few engines and at that stage of clean up (or prior to paint) that is what I would use.

You CAN use steam but the previously mentioned products will do it faster and you won't have to throw away your MF cover. Nooks and crannies with an old paint brush for agitation and a couple of cans from the autopart store, and you are pennies in (compared to an investment you would never recoup). Now if you were detailing interior..... well I still love my Tornador Black over my steamer (narrow margin). For delicate moisture sensitive surfaces (like headliners) or to deodorize, then the STEAMER wins it all the way!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T3 AutoDetails View Post

Do you use the steam cleaner (firebird) on pretty much most things besides the carpet?

I would consider a combo steam cleaner / extractor as I would like to get one as well. Either now or down the road.

Is there a better machine than the firebird out there at the price range? What would you all recommend at the next level steam cleaning machines and is it worth the extra $$

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is on the stand. I'm working on a swap. I want it for detailing purposes as well. I've cleaned many automotive parts in my time, so that is nothing new. I am looking for something that can assist. I'm definitely not just getting it for that.

The engine is all aluminum. It would be a sin to paint it

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a steam cleaner get a Vapamore. Lifetime no hassle warranty, the best customer service in the business, and incredible results.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast