autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Car Paint

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New Car Paint

Hello, All. Maybe someone can help out. I have a brand new car 2006. had for 2 weeks. Shines like a top, but I feel a very slight grit on surface of the hood only. I hate to use a claybar since paint is so new. Anyone know if there is a good wax or mild cleaner that might take out the ever so slight grit with out much abrasion. I have used Claybars before and I think they are great but I hate to use clay on new paint. Any inputs appreciated.

Brightred

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll have no problem at all claying your new paint.Modern paint cures long before you take delivery. I suggest you wash with a quality shampoo then clay that new baby. You can use a good QD or a mixture of water & shampoo for your clay lube. Apply light pressure making a few passes until that "gritty" sound disapates. After that, perhaps some Klasse All In One to make sure your paints squeeky clean. Klasse All In One is a terrific paint cleanser & makes for an outstanding base for wax & sealants.
    Carnauba Geek!

Post Thanks / Like
    you should not worry about using clay. It does not remove any of your clear coat

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    You'll have no problem at all claying your new paint.Modern paint cures long before you take delivery. I suggest you wash with a quality shampoo then clay that new baby. You can use a good QD or a mixture of water & shampoo for your clay lube. Apply light pressure making a few passes until that "gritty" sound disapates. After that, perhaps some Klasse All In One to make sure your paints squeeky clean. Klasse All In One is a terrific paint cleanser & makes for an outstanding base for wax & sealants.
    Agree with BlkTac05. Every new vehicle I've bought over the years has had to be clayed in order to get it clean. EVERY ONE. I've never had a problem using the claybar and the results are simply incredible, especially on a new vehicle.

My problem is that once I start getting it clean, I have a hard time stopping with the Klasse AIO, I always end up with three or more coats, then top it off with the Souveran Carnuba wax for an incredible glow.

Then I cruise back to the dealer and show them how they should deliver a new vehicle!
    06 Altima SE-R, Smoke, Black/Red Interior
    03 Murano SE AWD, Silver, Black Interior
    00 Maxima SE Silver, Black Interior

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your inputs. I will get to work on it as soon as I can.

[ Vince] Brightred