autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got the exterior part of detailing down, but what about the interior?

I've got all the tools, techniques, products, etc needed for detailing the exterior of my car but I haven't done much research about how to detail the interior of a car. I have a 2008 Lancer GTS and there's a lot of fading going on on the faux carbon fiber and the leather wrapping around the steering wheel. I also have some stains in the carpet/upholstery, but I'm not sure what any of them are. Also, the upholstery is very stubborn, especially the floors of the car. If anything is stuck in the fibers, it takes a good amount of effort to get it out. If anyone could please point me into the right direction to make my life any easier, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've got the exterior part of detailing down, but what about the interior?

The interior is what customers want. Get the tools you need and good luck. Very few people will ever ask about paint correction but everyone(especially female customers) wants a clean new looking interiors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    The interior is what customers want. Get the tools you need and good luck. Very few people will ever ask about paint correction but everyone(especially female customers) wants a clean new looking interiors.
    Bingo. Paint correction is the rib eye steak of detailing but interiors and wash and wax are the bread and butter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Who becides myself HATES doing the interiors?

Post Thanks / Like

Me, it's just a weekend hobby so I only do friends / neighbors cars. Us guys we all care about the outside and how good we look getting there. They usually do the interior while I do the exterior. I bring my products so they get an idea of how much better the good stuff is. My favorite interior dressing, CG Silk Shine, great stuff and leaves a new car scent behind.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    I'll second that. I can't stand interiors. I'm working on it though- I'm getting better but I still hate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliMusa View Post
    I've got all the tools, techniques, products, etc needed for detailing the exterior of my car but I haven't done much research about how to detail the interior of a car. I have a 2008 Lancer GTS and there's a lot of fading going on on the faux carbon fiber and the leather wrapping around the steering wheel. I also have some stains in the carpet/upholstery, but I'm not sure what any of them are. Also, the upholstery is very stubborn, especially the floors of the car. If anything is stuck in the fibers, it takes a good amount of effort to get it out. If anyone could please point me into the right direction to make my life any easier, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    I have a 2009 lancer ralliart and I know what you mean be the carpet being terrible to work with. If you get to rough with it the fibers start wadding up and making it look bad. Get your self the pet hair brush they sell here, its worked the best on my carpet for removing white dog hair from the previous owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    True interior detailing takes a lot of patience and time. In my shop it's very common to have two detailers work 4 - 6 hours detailing the interior. There are no cutting corners here, just a lot of hard work. Detailing all the nooks and crannies, instruments panels, consoles, vents, knobs, levers, seats, seat rails, carpet, cubbies, and the list goes on. Using the right products and techniques on every surface is critical to a successful interior detail. No petroleum products, no silicone's, and no greasy surfaces are key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1700 View Post
    True interior detailing takes a lot of patience and time. In my shop it's very common to have two detailers work 4 - 6 hours detailing the interior. There are no cutting corners here, just a lot of hard work. Detailing all the nooks and crannies, instruments panels, consoles, vents, knobs, levers, seats, seat rails, carpet, cubbies, and the list goes on. Using the right products and techniques on every surface is critical to a successful interior detail. No petroleum products, no silicone's, and no greasy surfaces are key.
    maybe I misunderstood you but I think you might need to rethink your interior process. It should not take 4 to 6 hours just 1 1/2 to 3 max unless the car is excessively dirty.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Interior detailing. It's my favorite part of detailing..Maybe i'm awkward!

maybe I misunderstood you but I think you might need to rethink your interior process. It should not take 4 to 6 hours just 1 1/2 to 3 max unless the car is excessively dirty.
    Ummm? I have my process down pat..I don't ever get an interior job FULLY finished in that amount of time. I have all the big boy tools to do the job too! The closest I have done is in the show and shine if you search *Ford escape detail* and that was done in about 2!

It was not a comfortable detail and I worked faster than most would in a hurry..!! I have had interior jobs go for 25+ Hours and that time was not used slacking off or "not knowing" what I was doing.

Do you have any pictures of your work? Just curious to see what you qualify as a corrected and detailed interior in 1-3 hours.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast