autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR w/carnauba as a waterless wash?

I tried searching around for an answer, but have only seen ONR as okay to be used as a QD. Is there a dilution ratio people are using as a waterless wash?

I've been using UWWP+ for my waterless washes and have been very happy with its performance, but just picked up the ONR w/carnauba and thought it would be cool if it could work as a waterless while also leaving a little wax as a booster on top of what's already on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR w/carnauba as a waterless wash?

Never tried it, wouldn't want to. That's what opti clean is for . I'd stick with UWW
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Opticlean is intended for a waterless wash, and a very good one at that. Personally UWW+ is the best there is though and I prefer it over Opticlean.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine is a true breakthrough in car care. It’s a multi-purpose product that serves as a rinseless wash, a quick detailer, and a clay lubricant, depending on how much water you add.
    Add 1 ounce of No Rinse Wash & Shine to 2 gallons of water to make an excellent no rinse car wash. Soak a microfiber towel in the solution and wash your vehicle with the wet towel. Dry each section with another microfiber towel. There’s no need to rinse! The lubricants and substantive polymers in the formula will protect your vehicle from abrasion as it safely cleans all vehicle surfaces. The polymers encapsulate dirt and cause it to drop to the bottom of the bucket. No Rinse Wash & Shine actually cleans the wash water as it cleans your vehicle! And it leaves your vehicle super slick, like it was just waxed!

Add 1 ounce to wash water made with your regular car wash. No Rinse Wash & Shine’s advanced polymers and lubricants offer more surface protection and slickness than ordinary car soap alone. It acts as a water softener and conditioner to improve the quality of the water that touches your vehicle to provide the ultimate safe wash.

Add 2 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make a super-slick clay bar lubricant. Wet the surface of your vehicle to provide a slippery protective layer beneath Opti-clay. After you’ve clayed each section, simply wipe it dry. This solution is as effective as any clay lubricant you can buy!

Add 8 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer. Fill up a spray bottle with this mixture and use it to clean and shine your vehicle, just as you would use a traditional detailer. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint surface to protect it from abrasion and micro-marring as you clean. The incredible formula leaves your vehicle extremely slick and glossy, like you just applied wax!
    ONR
    They say RINSELESS but not WATERLESS..

Opti-Clean is their waterless solution, and it can go EVERYWHERE, paint, rims, dash, plastic, glass
    Opti-Clean

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I've used a regular-strength spray bottle of ONR for touchups, I really don't see why you couldn't use ONRWW as a waterless, maybe up the concentration a little. I understand and agree that OPT has a dedicated product for that, but people use ONR in the wash dilution for interiors and windows, and as I've said, I've used it for spots I've missed and doorjambs, doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Let us know how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I dunno, I've used a regular-strength spray bottle of ONR for touchups, I really don't see why you couldn't use ONRWW as a waterless, maybe up the concentration a little. I understand and agree that OPT has a dedicated product for that, but people use ONR in the wash dilution for interiors and windows, and as I've said, I've used it for spots I've missed and doorjambs, doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Let us know how it works.
    Although they don't list it as such, I agree with you too and believe others do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the feedback. I think I'm gonna try it out at double the QD strength and see how it works out for me.