autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are these water spots?

A trick for focusing on spots on your paint is to put your fingertip next to the spot you are trying to photograph, then the camera is more likely to focus on the paint rather than the reflections.

PS Your paint looks very nice except for those scratches. Why don't you go down to Wal-Mart and get yourself some Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and some microfiber applicators and some of the better MF towels they have there, and some Ultimate Wax or even the Ultimate Quik Wax or something, and rub out those spots with the polish and put some real wax on the car. It'll look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    A trick for focusing on spots on your paint is to put your fingertip next to the spot you are trying to photograph, then the camera is more likely to focus on the paint rather than the reflections.

PS Your paint looks very nice except for those scratches. Why don't you go down to Wal-Mart and get yourself some Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and some microfiber applicators and some of the better MF towels they have there, and some Ultimate Wax or even the Ultimate Quik Wax or something, and rub out those spots with the polish and put some real wax on the car. It'll look great.
    Good tip I'll do that next time.
    I already have all those things. I'm just very hesitant to use them and do anything wrong to the paint.
    However many people on here have given me great advice so its pretty much when I decide like trying to apply what I've learned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a beautiful color, I see the different colors of flake but I can't tell if the paint is black or blue. If you clay it use something like the Meg's Smooth Surface with plenty of lube and very little pressure. Then the UP, it's mild, you'll do fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its called BlackBerry pearl but it is indeed blue and sparkles in the sun. When I worked at the dealership and has endless products at my disposal I would really scrub wash it good in a cool completely closed detail garage and id have time to really go over it with a body shine and drench the tires in dressing lol

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by KyleP View Post
    I've never came out and noticed tree sap on my car. I don't have any trees really even near places I park.
    When I did the baggie test the bumps did not necessarily correspond with the spots. It just felt like a lot of crap that needs clayed.

Clay the car and then re-inspect the paint. Actual water spots, no matter what type should be visible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys...last Night when I washed the car the sun was staring directly at my car in 96 degrees drying out the water faster then I could. So I saw quite a bit of spots last night all over the windows. Though they are still there I took a good look at my car today, and I've gotta say most of the spots I'm not seeing at all on the hood.

Heres some on the glass

So basically here's where were at:
    Spots are on windows but dried before I could dry them. Some spots are scattered around the paint but for the most part all I'm seeing is sparkles of beauty lol.
    So whether they're hidden or gone is difficult to determine, but I still know this car needs clayed regardless.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234