autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Which glaze fills best?

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post

According the rep guy I talked to over at Meguiar's.

No. 7 has no fillers he said something alone the lines of it containing oils.

The problem with this is some people consider oil as a filler and it can in fact fill.

It might not be a mechanical filler like Kaolin Clay, but anything, let me repeat that, ANYTHING that leaves itself behind on the surface if filling to some degree.

There's nothing wrong with this either depending upon your point of view and what you're trying to accomplish. #7 and products like this were meant to mask or seal fine hairline scratches.

You want proof? The original name of for #7 was...

Sealer & Reseal Glaze

By using the word seal, it didn't mean "Sealant" like a synthetic, water insoluble product, but to hide or mask hairline scratches. For example, Menzerna Power Lock is a true sealant.

By applying the #7 you could seal or mask hairline scratches and create a more beautiful finish on single stage paints. When you re-applied it down the road, you were re-sealing these hairline scratches.

Here's a picture that shows the change in the product name over time and I know the story behind this too...

Post Thanks / Like

BlackHawk- Since you live close-by i can let you try my GlossWorkz on a panel or something. Just let me know!

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

For some reason i am REALLY liking the very original look of the product. Looks high end

Edit- and reminds me of chocolate milk...yum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    well im looking for more of a product that i can easily use and can top it with a sealant/wax to prolong it. And im not too fond of super oily products :/ still appreciate all the advice Bob!
    I know this is a bit different than what you are looking for but worth a mention anyway. Have you ever tried Prima Banana Gloss? Prima Banana Gloss Liquid Wax, car wax

It's not a glaze in the traditional sense but it goes on and wipes off very easily (in hot sun or shade) to a freshly washed vehicle in 10 minutes or so, lasts up to 2 months and fills like nobody's business. As easy as it is to use, I keep a bottle of it for any in and out quick wash and wax jobs I get.

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with this is some people consider oil as a filler and it can in fact fill.

It might not be a mechanical filler like Kaolin Clay, but anything, let me repeat that, ANYTHING that leaves itself behind on the surface if filling to some degree.

There's nothing wrong with this either depending upon your point of view and what you're trying to accomplish. #7 and products like this were meant to mask or seal fine hairline scratches.

Sealer & Reseal Glaze

By using the word seal, it didn't mean "Sealant" like a synthetic, water insoluble product, but to hide or mask hairline scratches. For example, Menzerna Power Lock is a true sealant.

By applying the #7 you could seal or mask hairline scratches and create a more beautiful finish on single stage paints. When you re-applied it down the road, you were re-sealing these hairline scratches.

Here's a picture that shows the change in the product name over time and I know the story behind this too...

Thank You Mike your always full of data.

Appreciate it,

Art

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    For some reason i am REALLY liking the very original look of the product. Looks high end

Edit- and reminds me of chocolate milk...yum!
    Which glaze fills best?-imageuploadedbyagonline1374152709-078624-jpg

^this one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I know this is a bit different than what you are looking for but worth a mention anyway. Have you ever tried Prima Banana Gloss? Prima Banana Gloss Liquid Wax, car wax

It's not a glaze in the traditional sense but it goes on and wipes off very easily (in hot sun or shade) to a freshly washed vehicle in 10 minutes or so, lasts up to 2 months and fills like nobody's business. As easy as it is to use, I keep a bottle of it for any in and out quick wash and wax jobs I get.
    I contemplated buying banana gloss to go with the amigo on my D.D.'s. Some folks complained of longevity issues though. That would be another thread though. Sounds like a decent product for O.P. to get the filling effect he is looking for with some protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Sealer & Reseal Glaze

Btw this came up with the Meguiar's guy when, I called them up for some info and on the side I asked them what would happen if I mixed no.7 with water to make it a spray.

Art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Which glaze fills best?-imageuploadedbyagonline1374152709-078624-jpg

^this one? :d
    yep !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flamed03vert View Post
    I contemplated buying banana gloss to go with the amigo on my D.D.'s. Some folks complained of longevity issues though. That would be another thread though. Sounds like a decent product for O.P. to get the filling effect he is looking for with some protection.
    It's a great product for anyone who can't keep their hands off of their car.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast