autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Power lock

I'm just about out of BFWD it has done me well I'm looking at trying Power lock this time, on a car that sits outside 24/7 how does it hold up. If anybody can chime in thanks also I plan on topping it with 845 on my family cars and Blackfire on my own.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Power lock

They both have about the same durability. The advantage of Power Lock over Blackfire is that PL will not stain trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Is UPP still in the BOGO section ??? (another great sealant, and hidden gem)

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought a qt of Powerlock with one of my last orders from AG, or Autopia, forget which.

Holy Moley, that's enough product to treat entire large dealerships!

A pint would probably last a hobbyist a long long time, as it only takes about a 1/2oz at most to treat the average car. I know I used less than an ounce to treat my entire Tahoe a few weeks back. Heck, the roof on the rig is bigger than some cars.

Super easy on, and super easy off. And it comes off lickety split, not a shred of any residues left behind, no dust, nada, truly great product.

Super slick, and the instructions for its use is sort of vague?
    I've gone by the same basic instructions for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0

Apply, let sit 35-45 minutes, wipe off, and don't wet the vehicle for the next 12 hours.

It's super slick, run your hand on the paint after an application and you're going to smile, glossy like glass, and as Swanic has done some tests, it appears quite "hardy", and stout for longevity, and protection.

Bottom line, a truly must have in the arsenal. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I've bought a qt of Powerlock with one of my last orders from AG, or Autopia, forget which.

Holy Moley, that's enough product to treat entire large dealerships!

A pint would probably last a hobbyist a long long time, as it only takes about a 1/2oz at most to treat the average car. I know I used less than an ounce to treat my entire Tahoe a few weeks back. Heck, the roof on the rig is bigger than some cars.

Super easy on, and super easy off. And it comes off lickety split, not a shred of any residues left behind, no dust, nada, truly great product.

Super slick, and the instructions for its use is sort of vague?
    I've gone by the same basic instructions for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0

Apply, let sit 35-45 minutes, wipe off, and don't wet the vehicle for the next 12 hours.

It's super slick, run your hand on the paint after an application and you're going to smile, glossy like glass, and as Swanic has done some tests, it appears quite "hardy", and stout for longevity, and protection.

Bottom line, a truly must have in the arsenal. Mark

Good I'll ad this with my next order and Color lock just to have the combo.

Post Thanks / Like

My DD (silver '12 Rav4 Sport) sits outside 24/7/365. I applied PL in late February just at the end of our rainy season. It was still beading up nicely this past weekend when I topped it with another coat just for giggles. This stuff is truly a pleasure to work with and the protection it offers is great.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Good I'll ad this with my next order and Color lock just to have the combo.
    I applied Menzerna Powerlock my 2001 Kia Spectra when I first got the product.

The Kia is my little crapbox bulletproof daily driver, has plenty of battle scars, but it has been an invaluable test bed to try products on before I go further, and use them elsewhere.

I noticed after I used it, a whole mess of dust adhesion, but we had one of our common Southwest Desert dust storms blow through here right after, so I have no scientific evidence to back such claims, that Menz PL seemed to be a dust magnet?

I don't think there's ever any foul, to apply a decent detailer spray after, to perhaps lessen the tendency of any sealant's or wax's tendencies to attract dust.

Humidity, static electricity, lubricity, and ingredients may all be a contributor to such qualities.

No regrets on buying the Menz PL though, truly great product, and one day I plan on treating some of my other beloved possessions to it.

I can think of my Schwinn 50th Anniversary Paramount getting a nice coat, as well as my collector Barrett Deems Slingerland Drum Set! I know they'll both glow!Menzerna Power lock-dscf0197-jpg

Menzerna Power lock-dscf0425-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    My DD (silver '12 Rav4 Sport) sits outside 24/7/365. I applied PL in late February just at the end of our rainy season. It was still beading up nicely this past weekend when I topped it with another coat just for giggles. This stuff is truly a pleasure to work with and the protection it offers is great.
    That's nice to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Our cars are outside 24/7. I used Powerlock for the first time in early May. The surface remains slick, with big water beads. The paint seems to stay cleaner as the dirt and bugs are washed off by the rain. PL ia a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my first go around with PL about 2 or 3 weeks ago on my wife's black dodge caravan. It was very easy to apply with a foam applicator. However next time i will use my G110v2 & a wax pad to apply it to see if i can stretch the product out a little more. Super easy to take off and it looks GREAT for a sealant.

I can't comment on durability yet since it hasn't been too long but Im pretty sure it will hold up just fine from what i've heard elsewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast