autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CG confusion

Post Thanks / Like

CG confusion

I see there are a lot of threads about speculation on what CG black light is (polish?/glaze?/sealant?). Upon emailing CG customer service I was told it is a hybrid gloss and sealant. Also I asked what the difference was between their "NEW" signature series glass cleaner vs. glassworkz. They customer service rep said and I quote " the new of the two have no alcohol just ammonia". Which is strange because the website description claims its Ammonia Free about 3x. Disappointing customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG confusion

surprised why ?

Post Thanks / Like

Blacklight is an AIO.

Some of their products overlap, advice I give is find what you like from them and get a gallon!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

The screwball world of CG.

They make some good stuff, but their marketing confuses a lot people.
    Hi, Im Vin

Post Thanks / Like

Blacklight is an amazing product imo. You can use it as a light polish or even an LSP. Ive found it works great for restoring clarity after using a compound. But that just depends on the paintwork.

Anyways, buy youself some Blacklight, you wont regret it. I cant comment on their glass cleaners since ive never used them, but they do not have ammonia, trust me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Circa40 View Post
    The screwball world of CG.

They make some good stuff, but their marketing confuses a lot people.
    I agree. They make some great products but way too many one one kind. The items I do like I will buy in bulk which is mainly soaps.

I have seen lots of post about the customer service being an issue there.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

The sheer number of products they offer for one purpose perplexes my simple mind. Because of that I have simply bailed out on chemical Guys entirely. I don't need nine choices of tire cleaners from one vendor or forty-leven polishes. No doubt they do have some good products but I'll be damned if I can figure out which ones they are. I gave up on them some time ago.
    They REALLY need to re-establish their entire line up with a few simple offerings rather than offering the same, or similar, product under multiple names. No one can keep up with it including Chemical Guys.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    The sheer number of products they offer for one purpose perplexes my simple mind. Because of that I have simply bailed out on chemical Guys entirely. I don't need nine choices of tire cleaners from one vendor or forty-leven polishes. No doubt they do have some good products but I'll be damned if I can figure out which ones they are. I gave up on them some time ago.
    Ditto.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people agree when I say they need to discontinue a good 1/3 of their products to ease customer frustration. I don't even want to look at their stuff because of all what they have to offer for each area.I

do however trust a lot of opinions on this site and will buy their products based on that. If it wasn't for that I would carry their fabric cleaner and that's it.
    2010 Honda Civic LX-S Crystal Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure blacklight is mostly glaze with a bit of sealant added thus why they say using V7 over it is a good combo so it boosts the sealant and longevity of it. I do know blacklight looks amazing when used on my black wheels and helps hide some of the real fine marks that are inevitable on a black wheel.

I don't mind the variety since I'm bound to find something I like from them in each category or something to fill a certain need. Just like I rather have 31 flavors of ice cream instead of just chocolate and vanilla to pick from. That crazy CG variety got me to buy every detail spray they sell (aside from the matte finish one) along with Ecosmart RU to test out and they all really do differ quite a bit in terms of how well they clean, shine, slickness, resist streaking, require extra buffing etc.

Although their marketing has loads of fluff to it since their Extreme Slick Synthetic detailer isn't as slick as Speed Wipe or V7 IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast