autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking into paste waxes any suggestions

So I'm looking around at waxes I usually use liquid wax but I want to he a good wax for my classic car. But I notice some only are 3oz or 6 oz jars is that enough to do a whole car specially the 3oz BF wax just seems like it wouldn't be enough I know u do a nice even light spread and the other wax that is I believe 6oz is the ps21 100% carnauba wax but I'm going to look at WG to but I know I can't go wrong with any of them but I would like suggestions

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking into paste waxes any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Haramic View Post
    So I'm looking around at waxes I usually use liquid wax but I want to he a good wax for my classic car. But I notice some only are 3oz or 6 oz jars is that enough to do a whole car specially the 3oz B9F wax just seems like it wouldn't be enough I know u do a nice even light spread and the other wax that is I believe 6oz is the ps21 100% carnauba wax but I'm going to look at WG to but I know I can't go wrong with any of them but I would like suggestions
    If you use it properly the 3oz. will do a car several times. If you put the entire 3oz on in one application you are goo g to have heII getting it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo Juice Supernatural, I think they have sample pots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvanpool View Post
    If you use it properly the 3oz. will do a car several times. If you put the entire 3oz on in one application you are goo g to have heII getting it off.
    Yea I'm thinking about getting the ps21 100% carnauba wax can you also give me a good glaze I have WG glaze I had already removed all swirls with the WG swirl remover but I also read the WG Is more of a finishing polish any other glazes you would recommend

Post Thanks / Like

Oh get ready for a ton of suggestions on this!

Yes as stated 3oz will get you several cars. You should be applying a very thin coat almost invisible.

Ok onto what I like because around here we all have our favorites:
    1. BlackFire BlackIce (for dark colors)
    2. Fuzion
    3. Blackfire Midnight sun
    4. Pinnacle Souveran
    5. DP Max Wax
    6. Pinnacle Signature Series II
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I'm thinking about getting the ps21 100% carnauba wax can you also give me a good glaze I have WG glaze I had already removed all swirls with the WG swirl remover but I also read the WG Is more of a finishing polish any other glazes you would recommend
    If you are looking at p21s you should get s100. I have used both and s100 for me is the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    correct - wg finishing glaze is not a glaze as per what a glaze is . this is a finishing polish to be used after the total swirl remover . this combo is the wg duo .

if u polish u vehicle correctly there is no need for a glaze IMO . there are lots of products with the term "glaze" , usual term glaze = fillers to hide imperfections until u polish again .

Post Thanks / Like

3 oz applied correctly = 15 cars or more!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm looking around at waxes I usually use liquid wax but I want to he a good wax for my classic car. But I notice some only are 3oz or 6 oz jars is that enough to do a whole car specially the 3oz BF wax just seems like it wouldn't be enough I know u do a nice even light spread and the other wax that is I believe 6oz is the ps21 100% carnauba wax but I'm going to look at WG to but I know I can't go wrong with any of them but I would like suggestions
    No Wax is 100% wax. If it was, it would be as hard as a rock, no way could one apply it.

One of the best waxes in the world? One of the best bang for the buck, the longest lasting, and will most likely outlast any boutique wax that professes high carnauba content?

One word....Collinite.

If you were Jay Leno, I doubt you'd be able to use up one can of #476 Super Doublecoat, or #915 Marque D'Elegance on your entire collection. Either of these will last you literal years. You'll find you'll be looking for some excuse to use it on someone else's car, just to use it.

And as for their liquid #845 Insulator Wax, there must be 100's of posts, with glowing compliments, and love of this product right here on AG. #845 will probably outlast 90% of the boutique waxes, and look every bit as good.

And there's not a darn thing wrong with the look of #476, or #915 (or #845 for that matter). They are all concours quality , and high purity products that have little peer.

No, they don't have the fancy marketing catch phrases like "Banana Oil, Montan Oil, Coconut, or fancy names like "Italia, Fuzion, Midnight Sun, or make claims that this one's good for german paint, this ones good for Italian paint, etc etc.

If you want to maintain the beauty, amp the gloss, enhance slickness-hand feel, and dust repellency of these waxes, a simple good spray detailer like DG Aquawax, or Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray after a wipe down will do the trick admirably.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Tell us Alex what kind of car, what paint? Original, repaint, color, condition, what you've used before?
    Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast