autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Forever Black is a b!t#h to apply

My first attempt at using forever black today turned into a real PITA. I used the cleansing solution on my plastics prior to using and decided to start eight the rear bumper cover on my truck. Before applying it was dull gray but at least uniform. The picture below is after 4 coats! There are spots and streaks all over. Not matter how many coats I apply it still looks like crap. Some plastics covered better than other. The rough textured plastic on top of my step rails covered pretty well. But the smooth textured plastic was the worst. I really wanted the forever black to restore the black trim between the hood and windshield. But since its smooth I didn't use it there. Would've looked like hell.

Are there any tips or tricks to get good results with this product?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forever Black is a b!t#h to apply-uploadfromtaptalk1371942194727-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tip. Throw it in the garbage. FB is terrible. I hated that stuff. Streaked like all hell. For the type of fading you have, Solution Finish would be good. I used to hate on SF, but then I realized the dye portion of it lasts a long time (blackening) but the "shine" portion disappears quickly (a wash or two). It's really a restoration product (what you need) - not a dressing or protectant.

Also DLux is universally loved. I haven't tried that yet, but I have some coming in the mail. I tried Tuff Shine Black Restore. First it looked great, then when it wears it starts to chip and not fade. Then it looked horrible.

Black Wow and Poor Boys Trim Restore are greasy heavy silicone type products. They will work for a short time, but are greasy and run in the rain. Not the best, but the look is pretty good, albeit temporary.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forever Black is a b!t#h to apply

The trick is after you apply the trim dye, take a clean cloth and rub the chemical in while the dye is still manageable (wet). This generally keeps the appearance uniform.
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.