autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What to use on saddle leather

Hey guys im detailing a king ranch edition f-150 and i know they have a saddle leather interior which i beleive is untreated... what should i use to clean/condition it
    2002 trans am ws6 black on black modded but never finished

1993 full size blazer 2dr with a 383 stroker and custom sound system 3inch lift

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich189
    Hey guys im detailing a king ranch edition f-150 and i know they have a saddle leather interior which i beleive is untreated... what should i use to clean/condition it
    I believe Ford makes a special cleaner/conditioner for that. Check with your dealer.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told by the parts guy at Ford when I went to pick up a part that the King Ranch cleaners come in from Dura gloss....they make it for King Ranch...it is uncoated leather in the KR Trucks....the instruction on the back are almost word for word also.....

here is a little more info on it....just forum info...from Ford Trucks forum...

DURAGLOSS Leather Conditioner
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 66fordman
    Hi everyone. We own a King Ranch Superduty and used the KR leather conditioner on our leather. We are having a hard time finding the product now at the dealers and I do not see it on the king ranch web site. Is there another comparable product anyone else has used that has maintained their leather well and that they are happy with. I do appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Buy it from the folks that KR buys it from - Duragloss. I bought a 32 oz bottle (222 Leather conditioner) for about 1/3 of what I spent for the stuff from KR. Just refill the bottle. It works fine and gives that natural leather scent. Duragloss makes a cleaner also and has some good info on the web site if your not sure what you need. The KR leather seats and the seats in the lariet need different products per the website research I've done.

END of Info

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also personally checkout Connolly and Leatherique. Since both own tanneries and deal in leather, I suspect they are well versed. My Cadillacs leather is uncoated (comes with a swatch and warning) and I use Connolly without issue. I was warned to try to keep away from strings which tie the pieces together.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    How can you tell if the leather is uncoated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing
    How can you tell if the leather is uncoated?
    thats a hard question. Might spray with a little water and see if beads or starts to saturate. Some leathers, that are coated look plastic in comparision and feel thicker or less pliable. Uncoated leather typically does not have that plastic sheen look to it, and will break down quicker without constant care.

Most US manufacturers add the coatings to leather. Uncoated leather is more typically noted in high end cars and speciality units.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this something I need to watch out for. Or can I use the same products on both types of leathers? The products would be DP total interior cleaner, Pinnacle leather conditioner, Wolfgang leather conditioner, and 4* leather conditioner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detailing
    Is this something I need to watch out for. Or can I use the same products on both types of leathers? The products would be DP total interior cleaner, Pinnacle leather conditioner, Wolfgang leather conditioner, and 4* leather conditioner.
    mostly no ... that said you will notice on coated leather that the products dont always sink in. Sometimes they need an additional buff. Pinnacle works well on both, on uncoated leather specifically I would NOT use an APC but a dedicated leather cleaner as safer.

Scott