autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with a detailing news story!

hello, I am working with a local news station to make bring atteition to the ripoff of dealership protection packages, and how over priced they are. I was wondering what any of your experiences are with dealership protection packages. Does anyone have or know any good science on this? I know we all know we can get better products on AG than what the dealership offers but does anyone have good proof as it relates to the longevity of sealants and interior protectant. any links, or anything will help!!

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting...!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with a detailing news story!

Some of the products they offer are very similar to what autogeek offers. Simonize Glasscoat appears to be a decent product. The prices are high compared to having it installed by a detailer or doing it yourself. I would be very careful what you say on TV about other businesses.

Post Thanks / Like

in my experiences dealerships overcharge $100's!! paint sealant and interior protection for $500!!! c'mon!! paint sealant that clams to last 7 years!!!! no way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Some of the products they offer are very similar to what autogeek offers. Simonize Glasscoat appears to be a decent product. The prices are high compared to having it installed by a detailer or doing it yourself. I would be very careful what you say on TV about other businesses.
    I agree with this. Yeah a true speciality detailer is much better than a car dealership but it is kind of shady to attack another business. That is very low class in my eyes. And I bet that the car dealer could come right back with something to put you right out of business. Watch what you say. You are a little gold fish trying to attack a shark. Just be careful and make sure you have class or you will look like a loser and a joke and probably not gain much business
    2013 F150 Regular Cab STX Tuxedo Black
    Nate's Car Wash and Detailing
    facebook.com/NatesCarWashAndDetail

Post Thanks / Like

This is something you should just not do IMO. This doesnt help you or will it help you in an way.

As Nate said if you have a business or are looking to start one then this makes you look very unprofessional.

Yes, most of us here know not to let the dealer touch our cars but we here are a very small percent of people that know most dealership will cause some damage. However, there are some that do quality work though they maybe few are far between there can be good work found. Yes they may over charge but they are making money and thats good for them.

Attacking a dealship with a news crew is just a mistake IMO. Let you work speak for it self. Word of mouth will make or break you. Let those who want to go to a dealship go and let those who you have done work for tell everyone all the good things you have done and how satisfied they are.

Life is all about making choices.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Don't attack, just talk about the facts. Products such as Xzilon require bi-yearly re application, whereas something such as opti-coat is permanent.

Talk about the difference between sealants, and coatings. Talk about how many of these dealership products can be applied with little or no effort.

Do NOT attack the dealerships personally. You do not want to be associated with a hit piece. Talk about the differences, what you offer, talk about spending more time on the vehicles, caring for each one like it was your own etc..

Make it positive, kind of like the dealership stuff is okay, but you offer better products at a lower price, with more customer service and professionalism.

Also, be VERY careful with this. You never know how much this station will chop and cut your parts to make it look like a hit piece and edit out your key points. I would get into this with great caution if I were you.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

What is your motivation for this "tell-all" story?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else's warnings... this seems like more trouble than it is worth.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

As most have said, go 'gentle'!

You don't want to get into some sort of liable/slanderous situation. A legal hassle is not fun nor is it cheap.

Keep us all in the loop...

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast