autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: best wax recommended for lacquer kandy paint?

Quote Originally Posted by JonFD View Post
    What about Wolfgang Paint Sealant on a single stage after polishing?

That will work... you need to let this product dry before removing and instructions state to let it dry from 30 to 45 minutes.

I've been purposefully recommending paste waxes that don't have to dry for a number of reasons, one is because it makes the waxing process very fast and the products I've recommended give paint like this what everyone wants out of paint like this and that is...

A deep wet shine...

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Good to know. Is it bad if the sealant only sits on the lacquer for 5-10 mins? Does it depend on temperature?

Mike Phillips

Excellent. Good to know. Is it bad if the sealant only sits on the lacquer for 5-10 mins? Does it depend on temperature?

It's not that it's bad but the directions to use it correctly state it needs to dry. Not sure it will fully dry to pass the "Swipe Test" in that short amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, ok. Thanks again Mike, I'll stop stalking you now on the lacquer paint threads LoL.

As you said, they don't come around often anymore and I ran into my first yesterday. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

today i plan on washing the car and doing some claying, later this week i plan on putting on mequires #7 again, but i been reading about the nanoskin autoscrub, is it safe to use on the clear coat after using the clay? im sure it is i just want to be sure, and also is the nanoskin autoscrub safe on the clearcoat laquer? just didnt want to do something to strip it off. the weather past few days and work havent given me chance to take photos, hoping today i could but its suppose to be cloudy all day here.

Mike Phillips

Ah, ok. Thanks again Mike, I'll stop stalking you now on the lacquer paint threads LoL.

As you said, they don't come around often anymore and I ran into my first yesterday. Thanks!

Please be sure to share some before and after pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by t-topTA View Post

today i plan on washing the car and doing some claying, later this week i plan on putting on mequires #7 again, but i been reading about the nanoskin autoscrub, is it safe to use on the clear coat after using the clay?
    Yes. Most tools used to mechanically decontaminate clay can potentially leave some marring behind. Depends upon the paint, the technique, amount of lube and aggressiveness of the tool being used. im sure it is i just want to be sure,

My strong recommendation is anytime you plan on doing ANY type of decontamination, be it with clay, decontaminating towels, sponges or pads, is to also plan on doing at least ONE machine polishing step.

and also is the nanoskin autoscrub safe on the clearcoat laquer?
    Yes. See above answers about following the Nanoskin with a polishing step.

just didnt want to do something to strip it off. the weather past few days and work havent given me chance to take photos, hoping today i could but its suppose to be cloudy all day here.
    Don't forget us... we want to see some pictures...

Post Thanks / Like

i will definitely will if the weather permits, was trying to yesterday and today after work, but looks like mother nature isnt wanting me to get that chance, hope tomorrow or weds can get to it. its pouring down here in missouri now, thanks for the info on the nanoskin,n the claying i got the mothers clay bar kit, is there any other type of clay bars recommended?

Mike Phillips

is there any other type of clay bars recommended?

Detailing clay all works pretty much the same, the key difference is how non-aggressive or aggressive the clay formula is and this is based upon the amount and type of abrasives used in the clay.

A less aggressive clay bar will still get the job done but it will take more strokes.

My personal preference is an ultra fine grade like the Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay by the pound

The Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is very elastic and this makes it very easy to knead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12