autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

I was a big fan of Stoners until I picked up some Meg's D120. I dilute with distilled H2O and have never looked back.

As for towels, I've been using some cheap WW MF towels (12 for $6.00) I picked up from Pep Boys on a tip from someone here on an old thread. The towels were labeled as "drying towels" but as the original post said, there is no way you'd let them touch paint. But the towels work great on glass. The towels were cheap but have held up to repeated uses/washings. So maybe looking for some cheap WW MF towels labeled as drying towels might be a way to go.
    "Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell." ~ Author unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there special towels just for cleaning glass and do any of you use a squeegee?

Fast Glass towels from Car Pro. You only need water. 2nd to that I would use low pile MF towel that used for removing polish and Stoners aerosol. The towels have just enough bite to clean the glass well.
    You can get a 4 pack of fast glass towels for what it would cost for a quality glass cleaner and good glass cleaner towels.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    They are called "Surigical Hucks"
    I almost strictly use blue Huck Surgical towels for cleaning glass.
    Critical Details
    Trevor Spedden

Post Thanks / Like

Wypall Microfiber Glass towels made my Kimberly Clarke. They are green and typically come 6 to a pack. Nothing better.

Post Thanks / Like

The product is called MiraFiber from ultimate cloth

Post Thanks / Like

I use a microfiber glass towel from another site that shall not be named. Along with D120 it works fabulously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShowCar View Post
    ...Is there a special kind of towel for glass? Thanks.
    Get you some Waffle Weave MF towels and be done with it.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

They are actually called Surgical "Huck" Towels. They are blue in color and dirt cheap. Here is a EBay auction for 50 towels for $19.00. You will NEVER use all 50 towels...ever so buy in a smaller lot is you can find them. Just be sure to buy towels that have already been used as they work better than new towels.

Lot of 50 Blue Surgical Towels | eBay

I have the same towels I purchased 20 years ago. They never wear out! The best towels to get are used towels. Be sure to wash them in hot water and laundry soap in the washing machine to get them clean. Do not ever use them for applying Armor All, or any other greasy product since it is hard to get all of the product out when you wash them. Any greasy product left in the towel will obviously prevent you from getting perfect windows.

I have been using these towels along Stoner's Invisible Glass for about 20 years. You will get absolutely no streaking whatsoever! You can pick this up and any Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. I think Walmart also carries it. It is about $7.00 per can in auto stores. Here is what it looks like:

Stoner Glass Cleaner Invisible Glass 3 10oz Can with 3 Cloth'S | eBay

My wife also uses these to clean the windows and mirrors in our home. Again, 100% perfect, streakless windows and mirrors!

I am about as anal as anyone can get about clean windows. I 100% guarantee you will love this combination! Nothing else is like it!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowCar View Post
    What about medical rags?

edit: I think they are called surgical towels .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use sprayway foam spray and blue Scott towels from Costco (the disposable ones)

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Wine glass towels are what our NOW glass towels were originally made for. Makes sense!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast