autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Glare Pro Polish MSDS?

Anyone have an MSDS for Glare Professional Polish? I have been getting requests for this stuff from my customers and after researching into the product it looks like it's just a normal sealant with a lot of fillers to hide minor swirls. It also appears to be very similar to Liquid Glass.

I have a line into Glare regarding the MSDS but have not heard a response back yet... the website states it uses something they call "GlassPlexin" which I have no idea what that is supposed to be. The mile long product description on their website wreaks of snake oil...

Any input you guys have into this is greatly appreciated!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the glare polish, and was not impressed. I tried it on a red vehicle with some swirls just to simply see it would fill them. I was disappointed, and have had better results with wet glaze 2.0 at hiding minor defects. It does have a nice gloss but no real filling properties IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glare Pro Polish MSDS?

Glare has been around for awhile...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

BTW: My Father-in-Law uses this product on his Gold Wing:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

From its below description...
    GLASSPLEXIN (silicate ion) may be the answer to some folks detailing-prayers.

Now...What the heck is the science behind silicate ions?!?!

NOTE: There are some claims that silicate ions have a positive charge...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glare Pro Polish MSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    I tried the glare polish, and was not impressed. I tried it on a red vehicle with some swirls just to simply see it would fill them. I was disappointed, and have had better results with wet glaze 2.0 at hiding minor defects. It does have a nice gloss but no real filling properties IMO.
    Thanks for sharing! I spent some time researching this and there seems to be very polarizing opinions on this product. Some people love it some people hate it.

I think it's weird that they are calling it a "polish" when it doesn't appear to have any abrasive capability.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Glare has been around for awhile...

From its below description...
    GLASSPLEXIN (silicate ion) may be the answer to some folks detailing-prayers.

Now...What the heck is the science behind silicate ions?!?!

NOTE: There are some claims that silicate ions have a positive charge...
    Fun, I was hoping you would chime in! I know you are typically intrigued in the science behind most detailing products. I see a silicate ion Wikipedia adventure in store for me in the near future.

This product seems to be the type of thing some people would pool into the "extended life sealant" category... I'm not sure I buy the 5 year durability claims though. All of the literature I have read from Glare seems to blatantly oversell the product which completely turns me off. It just sort of starts to sound like Nu Finish 2.0... "The ONCE a lifetime car polish that will last forever times infinity!!!!!!"
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter