autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the PC for prep but the sealant and wax is always by hand with a german applicator and go front to back movement if that makes sense

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Are you talking about a Porter Cable Random Orbital or one of those cheapo orbitals at Autozone etc? I always apply sealent and wax by hand, EX-P and Natty's Blue are so easy to use plus there are certain spots you'd have to redo that the orbital missed.

Plus, especially on my suv, I'd have to use a lot more product on the PC to do so. Pointless, unless your a pro detailer doing multiple cars daily and time plays more of a factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy
    I use the PC for prep but the sealant and wax is always by hand with a german applicator and go front to back movement if that makes sense

Back to front on the hood, roof, and trunk.....up, and down on the sides

Post Thanks / Like
    When you are applying the sealant or wax by hand, how long are you spending on each section, is it just a matter of applying it evenly in a circular pattern or are you really working it in for a long time. I did a coat of WGDG sealant over the weekend with my PC and it did not take long, seems like doing the same by hand would take a lot longer.

Still trying to take all the best processes in at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jforget1
    When you are applying the sealant or wax by hand, how long are you spending on each section, is it just a matter of applying it evenly in a circular pattern or are you really working it in for a long time. I did a coat of WGDG sealant over the weekend with my PC and it did not take long, seems like doing the same by hand would take a lot longer.

Still trying to take all the best processes in at this point.
    Never found the need to work sealants and waxes in so i put an even coating over the car then buff off.
    I don't use circular motions either, front to back strokes only (that sounds rude)

Post Thanks / Like
    Never found the need to work sealants and waxes in so i put an even coating over the car then buff off.
    I don't use circular motions either, front to back strokes only (that sounds rude)

Post Thanks / Like
    So does that mean that using an orbital buffer or machine is not the best way to go because they work in a circular motion? Or do you use the buffer or machine but go front to back on the hood top and trunk and then up and down on the sides? Or am I totally off? Help!!!!!!
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren F
    So does that mean that using an orbital buffer or machine is not the best way to go because they work in a circular motion? Or do you use the buffer or machine but go front to back on the hood top and trunk and then up and down on the sides? Or am I totally off? Help!!!!!!

ORBITALS are the best way to go for removing swirls, and applying polish.....

I'm not sure about anyone else , but i use the back, n, forth, and up, n, down, applying my wax's and/or sealants or both by hand .......

Post Thanks / Like
    I only apply the wax/sealant via hand. Always use a foamy and remove with a microfiber. I always follow the same pattern as I wash, and thats following the panels the way the wind would cross them. NO circles ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTE:

NO circles

But sometimes i have to catch my self

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast