autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Getting second thoughts on this pressure washer!

I got myself a Craftsman 2200 psi 1.9 gas pressure washer yesterday at sears for almost $300. Just used it outside and im thinking, do i really need this much power? And also, it's freaking loud! I wanted something to just wash cars and be portable and this thing is small but still would want something smaller and alot less heavy to carry around. I like the fact that is gas and don't need to ask for electricity at peoples houses but the noise just threw me off. Would a $150 electric washer be sufficient? I want to get that perfect shaving cream like suds in my client's cars. Will a electric pressure washer deliver that?

Anyways, i'm thinking of just returning it today and just going and getting either a smaller one, there was one that didn't have wheels and the top thing just the motor and everything but you need to carry it around. It's about half the size and only $200 and it's 2000 psi and 1.8 GPM and it's the same brand. Or if the electric is much quieter and is powerful enough to get those shaving cream like in a car, then i'll go for one that is $130 in walmart.

I also found a crafstman 1700 PSI pressure washer and steam power 2 in one and it's $200. What do you think of that?

This is the machine i currently have http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/ima...prod_814518512

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting second thoughts on this pressure washer!

I use this pressure washer: Shop Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com

And get results like this

And thats with only two ounces of soap on my foam cannon, it gets much thicker for me if I add more.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bulky just as the one i have. I was looking at this one, how is this one?

Shop Karcher 2000 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure others have had better experiences with Karcher products but I'd never buy another one. I picked up an electric model to clean my deck & it quit (thermal shutdown) before I was half done, & it shutdown every 5 min until I was done.

I returned it & the unit I received worked great. Cleaned it out & stored it in my basement (heated) for the winter & when I brought it out in the spring it leaked water everywhere. It was out of warranty & I had no intention of getting it repaired so I bought a Generac gas powered washer & it's served me well for years.

Noisey? Yes but I'll take that anytime over the silence of the non functioning, leaking Karcher#

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    I use this pressure washer: Shop Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com

And thats with only two ounces of soap on my foam cannon, it gets much thicker for me if I add more.

I have the same exact pressure washer too. Its easy to use and much quieter than other pressure washers. The only downside is its color.
    FINESSE AUTO DETAIL

Technique vs. Product = Technique always wins

Post Thanks / Like
    I rock a electric 1700 pressure washer. Had for over a year. More than enough power, quiet, and electricity is not over $3.50 a gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post

same one I have, perfect unit for what we do

Post Thanks / Like

Gas powered for a non business type detailer and only for cars. Yes, too much.

Electric without a doubt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    Gas powered for a non business type detailer and only for cars. Yes, too much.

Electric without a doubt
    Exactly. I would only rock a gas powered unit if I ran my business 5-7 days a week. Im part time right now and my electric one fits the bill perfectly.