autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it a waste of effort?

My ride currently is opti-guarded. I currently obsessed by what of the members here are achieving, the high gloss and shine.

I've been thru "Junkman" video and i realised (correct me if i'm wrong) that basically the shine comes from the perfection of clear coat.

Is it a waste of effort that i try to perfect the already sealed clear coat?

I live in a tropical country and it's burning every morning and raining almost every late noon. Which is the most suitable procedure/product i can use to achieve the deepest gloss, wet look on my ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it a waste of effort?

It's not worthless if that's the look your after...What adds depth and gloss the best is good ol carnauba wax! plenty available here.

Post Thanks / Like

Washing then applying a coat of your favorite wax is never a waste of time and effort if it gives you personal satisfaction.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T3 AutoDetails View Post
    It's not worthless if that's the look your after...What adds depth and gloss the best is good ol carnauba wax! plenty available here.
    I agree. Some people have convinced themselves all wax is the the same and there is some world wide conspiracy to sell us $10 waxes in fancy bottles.

If the OP wants to believe that then he has done all he can do. If you enjoy trying different waxes, then polish off the OC with a finishing polish and apply a sealant topped by a nice looking wax, like Fuzion or Souverän.

If its looks you want, you won't be disappointed, assuming you paint is corrected. Or, if you believe all wax is the same, then check out Turtle Wax, its got a very low price.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My ride is white in colour. Which is the most suitable wax to give a deep gloss like those wet oil look?

If there are scratch or swirl marks on my OC, how can i polish it off?

Btw, there are swirls mark on my gloss plastic panel, how can i polish it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Williammm View Post
    My ride currently is opti-guarded.

I've been thru "Junkman" video and i realised (correct me if i'm wrong)
    that basically the shine comes from the perfection of clear coat.

Is it a waste of effort that i try to perfect the already sealed clear coat?
    ^^^Shouldn't your clear-coat have been "perfected" before it was sealed by the Opti-Gard?^^^

I currently obsessed by what of the members here are achieving, the high gloss and shine.
    Just my opinion...But:

If you're not satisfied with the product (Opti-Gard) that's currently providing protection
    (said to be among the very, very best) for your vehicle's CC paint-film...

You have several options, one of which is the removal of the Opti-Gard Coating, and replacing it
    with other protection-products such as waxes, sealants, or even other "Coatings".

I live in a tropical country and it's burning every morning and raining almost every late noon.
    Which is the most suitable procedure/product i can use to achieve the deepest gloss, wet look on my ride?
    Personally...
    If I lived in your particular clime, I'd 'stick' with the Opti-Gard Coating,
    instead of perhaps taking the chance that other "types" of protection-products,
    (which, and among themselves), may become 'sticky', as it were.

(Again, just my opinion)
    Your choice:

Longer-term Protection vs. Fleetingly-Short-Lived (and often just alleged) "Good/Better Looks"

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is it a waste of effort?

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I agree. Some people have convinced themselves all wax is the the same and there is some world wide conspiracy to sell us $10 waxes in fancy bottles.

If the OP wants to believe that then he has done all he can do. If you enjoy trying different waxes, then polish off the OC with a finishing polish and apply a sealant topped by a nice looking wax, like Fuzion or Souverän.

If its looks you want, you won't be disappointed, assuming you paint is corrected. Or, if you believe all wax is the same, then check out Turtle Wax, its got a very low price.
    It is the oppostie way around. some people have convinced themselves that car wax is really worth $50 +++++++++.

Whatever rings your bell.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, i still like the OC. The car was done properly and OC-ed. I'm just looking for ways to "enhance" the gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your paint is already perfectedcongrats by the way!)

Couldn't you apply some glaze on small test spot area (that gets sun) to see how it looks? And once it is cured could you not apply a thin coat of wax? To see how it turns out? (For experimentation purposes?)

And is topping to much wax a bad thing?

(I'm the nerdy kid asking a bunch of questions and participating)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    If your paint is already perfectedcongrats by the way!)

Couldn't you apply some glaze on small test spot area (that gets sun) to see how it looks? And once it is cured could you not apply a thin coat of wax? To see how it turns out? (For experimentation purposes?)

And is topping to much wax a bad thing?

(I'm the nerdy kid asking a bunch of questions and participating)
    Was supposed to be a smiley face not a sad face

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast