autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Drying Aid?

I have used a few quick detailers and waterless washes and was wondering what you guys think the best drying aid is?

Normally I use UWW+, but I think as a drying aid, it is a pretty poor performer.

The best I've ever used is Adam's Quick Detailer, but that is way more $$$ than I want to spend.

Recommendations appreciated and welcomed!!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Drying Aid?

Have you tried DG951 and Megs156? Both do excellent, although I might give the edge to 951 for slickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to sound like a broken record but D156 needs to be in the detailing hall of fame.

Great in cold or hot temps

Can use in shade or sun

Can use on wet or dry paint

Looks great over wax or sealants

Easy on/off

Economical if bought by gallon

Adams detail spray is probably the best product he offers but I still have to give the nod to Meg's on this one. Meg's final touch is also a great choice for a drying agent.

Now the best drying agent I have ever used, and currently use is AMMO Hydrate. It's designed specifically as a drying/booster product. It's not a multi-purpose product like conventional detail sprays.The cost however is prohibitive for production work or for those on a very tight budget. The good news however is that once you dry using this product you're done. There is no need for any additional steps until the next wash.

I always thought that the best way to dry a car is with air but the issue with that is that you normally follow up with detail spray or spray sealant or wax so you still have a separate drying and post drying step with the potential of scratching the paint. I still use air for hard to reach places.

However with a product like Hydrate you are wiping the car while still wet with maximum lubrication between towel and paint, and drying it off to a fine gloss in a single step...and you're done.
    Last edited by silverfox; 05-19-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Roshan...

I've mentioned before that the terminology: "drying aid", when used on detail forums to describe
    a product used to assist in manually drying/removing-moisture from a vehicle after a car-wash session,
    has taken some neuron-rerouting to adjust my previous understanding of its use/definition.

That previous understanding came from my being introduced back in the 1960's to products used to cause
    water to "break"... instead of it just sheeting-on/sticking-to vehicles' surfaces... after they had been
    subjected to prior usage of high alkaline chemicals (>7ph) to presoak and for further cleaning of said vehicles.

However...
    With most of us seemingly now using "ph-neutral" car wash shampoos,
    the aforementioned drying-aid products/practices appears unwarranted.

Still...
    -The use of a reputable company's QD's/WW's, in order to reduce the visible signs of water "that has broken",
    doesn't seem to cause harm...if used with proper tools/technique, that is.

-For this above drying-aid process I'll use one of Meguiar's QD's/WW's, or even one of their spray waxes.
    Optimum has several products that fit this particular drying-aid definition as well.

But for my original "drying-aid definition"...
    -IMO...It doesn't get any better than:
    "Negev-99 Super Drying Agent"...(Think of an arid Desert)

Bob
    Last edited by FUNX650; 05-19-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I have at times been on a never ending drying aid search.

UWWP works since it is a waterless wash and thus one of the safest IMO.

Duragloss Aquawax is one to seriously consider if you are want to leave a little something extra behind. Works great on wet and dry vehicles. I have never had any streaking issues.

CG v7 is a nice drying aid as well but that is more because I feel it is no more than a glorified detail spray. And it will leave a nice shine and "some" protection behind. But I don't like it any more the Duragloss Aquawax to switch.

My all time favorite though is still FinishKare 425. FK425 is the slickest detail spray I have used. I have bought it by the gallon in the past. Some have had streaking issues but I have found that it usually comes from using to much product, or crazy out of control humidity that will mess with anything else you would use.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use the prima dry as you go product? Just curious if so, how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing you want sonething sheet the water or give it more lubricity? If so I'm guessing most eould prob be a spray wax. In that case wouldn't that leave wax in the and then the next time you use it its not going to absorb the same way....I over think to much haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian Guy View Post
    Anyone use the prima dry as you go product? Just curious if so, how it works.
    I use it (Hydro). Its probably the best (or one of the top 3) spray waxes out their. Extremely slick, concentrated, and doesn't streak in direct sun. Its a little thinner than some, but its pretty much a flawless product. Even the bottles are top notch.

I didn't recommend it because it costs more than the Adams product. The ones I would recommend that are values are:

- FK425 (you get 32 oz)
    - Aquawax
    - CG Speed Wipe (some say this is the same as the original Adams QD, however, I think a gallon is like only $30).

9. Thanks Dr Oldz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have UWW+, as well as a few other similar products and have never tried using them as drying aids. However, I have used Duragloss Aquawax as a drying aid before and it seemed to work perfectly. No streaks, and it smells good also.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    DP ww, pinnacle ww, wolfgang instant detail spritz, it depends what LSP is on the vehicle in my opinion.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast